Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

Okay. If you have an idea how we can determine today before the draft who will become a great free agent quarterback four years from now let me know.

Why free agent?

Why free agent?
Because that's what Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers were. They found success after they were to become free agents. If you want to find an Aaron Rodgers, you want to draft a guy who will only be successful after free agency. You are looking for a great free agent in year 2023, but in this draft.
If you find a way to know with 100% certainty who in this draft will be elite in 2023 as a free agent, please let me know.

Because that's what Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers were. They found success after they were to become free agents. If you want to find an Aaron Rodgers, you want to draft a guy who will only be successful after free agency. You are looking for a great free agent in year 2023, but in this draft.
If you find a way to know with 100% certainty who in this draft will be elite in 2023 as a free agent, please let me know.

If I give you a name do you promise to go away? Just jokes.
I dunno, brother. I’m lost. :surr:

No, it's a fact.

Yes, I just told you why.

Yes, I just told you that, and in addition they used opinion, that's why they will fail.

Incorrect. We know on draft day who is elite, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS.

The Bills drafted Allen in top 10, who had 56% completions, only 270 attempts in 12 games, took 22 sacks on 270 attempts, and was not good at scoring, only 16 TD on 270 attempts.

Compare that to Mahomes, 591 attempts, 66% completion, 41 TD, 27 sacks on 590 attempts, only 10 ints.

Performance governs and the Bills were wrong. It just goes to show they are idiots. There is no nice way to put it. It's mind boggling they have a job running an NFL team, but that's what we have in the NFL, a bunch of idiots, that's the proof above.

No, one front office used opinion and the other used performance. Mahomes performed better and he was elite, whereas Josh Allen was never elite, he never performed at elite levels and therefore was a later rounds garbage value. Bills drafted a garbage quarterback because they have an opinion, and they did not look at performance.

No. They must draft a quarterback on performance and not on opinion. And they will get it right if they do that.

Yes, it is that simple. The reason is there is no upside to drafting garbage. You do not get higher returns. It's not like gambling if you place a bet on some garbage team you get incredible returns. No, you just get a quarterback in both instance, nothing more. There is no reason to gamble on garbage.
be care what u say about about Allen. he may not be able to throw it like Mohomes but I think he has future in nfl. how good will he be???

be care what u say about about Allen. he may not be able to throw it like Mohomes but I think he has future in nfl. how good will he be???

If Allen, Rosen, or Darnold consistently win on rookie contract it will be a miracle. A qb like that has not done it yet.

If Allen, Rosen, or Darnold consistently win on rookie contract it will be a miracle. A qb like that has not done it yet.
I am worry about Allens in afc east. I think he could be good. I have been wrong before. I am not worry about Darnold.

Huh?....Rodgers succeeded Favre when he left...Brees had two good years at the end of his rookie contract?

You lost me?

if dolphins want Haskins. they can get him or just wait in see who fall to them. Haskins ran slow time in 40.

Haskins' 40 time literally has zero impact on where he's being selected. None. He's not a runner. He's never been known as a runner.

I like Haskins but he's not a guy you give the farm for

Agree...would wait & give up the farm for Lawrence but its a risky game with current players & coaches jobs on the line in between the year he actually declares.

Rodgers was not a free agent. He sat behind Favre but has been in Green Bay his whole career. Brees was also pretty successful before becoming a free agent.

Rodgers was not a free agent. He sat behind Favre but has been in Green Bay his whole career. Brees was also pretty successful before becoming a free agent.

Both Drew Brees and Rodgers hit the stride after their four-year rookie contract. They are second contract quarterbacks. We are looking for a draftee, to perform on rookie contract. We do not care about the second contract, and second contract quarterbacks. We can get that in FA.

Both Drew Brees and Rodgers hit the stride after their four-year rookie contract. They are second contract quarterbacks. We are looking for a draftee, to perform on rookie contract. We do not care about the second contract, and second contract quarterbacks. We can get that in FA.

I don't really think it's fair to call Rodgers a "second contract quarterback" because unlike Brees, he did not play a lot during his rookie contract.

And most quarterbacks DO hit their stride later in their career. The prime years for a quarterback is after they hit age 30.

I don't really think it's fair to call Rodgers a "second contract quarterback"

Fair - means meets expectations.

Rodgers sat for three years and was 6-10 in his last fourth year of the rookie contract.
That, does not meet expectations of a first round quarterback or any expectations of good quarterbacking for four years. That is unfair.

Pulling stuff out of thin air is unfair. Rodgers is a second-contract quarterback, that is a fact.

Back
Top Bottom