Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Miami Deals Up For Haskins

Fair - means meets expectations.

Rodgers sat for three years and was 6-10 in his last fourth year of the rookie contract.
That, does not meet expectations of a first round quarterback or any expectations of good quarterbacking for four years. That is unfair.

Pulling stuff out of thin air is unfair. Rodgers is a second-contract quarterback, that is a fact.

In 2008 Rodgers 4th year of his rookie contract (1st as starting QB) the Packers went to the playoffs and lost to AZ.

Coincidentally, they lost off a Dansby INT pick 6; thus signing said player in 2009 off-season FA.

Haskins is becoming more of a possibility.
Jags committed to Foles.
Raiders are switching to “win now” with FA signings.
Giants are riding ELI and building OL and will likely go DEF Rd1.
Skins are lost - they traded for Keemun and will wait for Smith.
Only worries: Denver and Cincinnati.
I can see Elway/ Lock connection.
Cincinnati?

I don't see how you can play Haskins behind the line Miami will field in 2019. Even if Miami used its 1st on OL, which obviously wouldn't be possible if they draft Haskins, they'd need to really hit on two more OL selections, and hope Sitton comes back and stays healthy, to field a decent unit.

The really tough part, as I see it, is that the OL group is pretty good at the top, but it thins out quickly, so the NFL will have to select the wrong guys for any good ones to be available in the 2nd - let alone the 3rd.

I don't see how you can play Haskins behind the line Miami will field in 2019. Even if Miami used its 1st on OL, which obviously wouldn't be possible if they draft Haskins, they'd need to really hit on two more OL selections, and hope Sitton comes back and stays healthy, to field a decent unit.

The really tough part, as I see it, is that the OL group is pretty good at the top, but it thins out quickly, so the NFL will have to select the wrong guys for any good ones to be available in the 2nd - let alone the 3rd.

Yeah it’s not happening but to be fair, whoever the QB is likely to take a beating. I think even if Haskins is there at 13 they trade down.

Jags committed to Foles.
Cincinnati?

Absolutely no chance the giants pass on Haskins

Good point . I think with James going to Denver, an OT could be Miami's top pick.

Jags committed to Foles.
Cincinnati?
With the Giants trading Beckham i think they are rebuilding. Before that I might have agreed with you.

It's wide open imo - just depends on what they prioritize/who they like. If Dillard or Taylor are available, they'd be hard to pass up. Would like to see Taylor's Pro Day, though. Lots of needs to be sure.
If Davis can play RT, I'd still prefer defensive back-to-back in rounds one and two. Prefer two defensive lineman with the quality there. But there are some interesting 1st round corners who would be very interesting.

Any opinions on Tyrell Jackson? Not taking round one obviously. I know nothing about his intangibles, football IQ etc.

Looks very talented, though. How much of a project is he?

This is actually starting to become a real possibility. I recently heard the Giants like Daniel Jones. I don't think they like him enough to pick him at 6 but now they have the #17 pick (I believe) and knowing Gettleman, he always picks best player available especially in the top 10, he doesn't reach for need (see last year when he passed on QBs for the sure thing in Barkley) I see same thing this year, he has the luxury to pick his QB at #17 now.

Only team we would have to worry about would be Broncos and Skins but if Haskins gets closer to us we wouldn't have to give as much to move up 3 or 4 spots.

If Miami trades up, it won’t be for a QB. If they can find a package of picks and player to trade to Arizona, I can see it being for Nick Bosa. Not Murray or Haskins.

If Miami trades up, it won’t be for a QB. If they can find a package of picks and player to trade to Arizona, I can see it being for Nick Bosa. Not Murray or Haskins.

Uh no. You don't strip a roster down to trade much needed ammunition to go get a player other than a Franchise QB. Period. If you are a team that is close to winning something maybe. Not a teardown.

Back
Top Bottom