Prediction of the OL with a couple of suprises | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of the OL with a couple of suprises

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
It seems we got three guys who will supposedly be backups, but if you think about it one of them might start.

LT-Dixon(too risky to play a third round rookie here)
LG-Whitley(that's right he beats out Perry, Provost is the backup)
C-McKinney(will make up for Nails spead)
RG-Nails(Perry is the backup)
RT-Wade

And the ninth man, backup to both tackle spots is Jarvis Borum!!!(bashing time)

2 Problems I see with your Prediction is Whitley is not the best OL we drafted Smith is, and where is Ruddy on the Depth Chart?? He will def start. I think we have a better shot of seeing Smith start at LT, and sliding Dixon back to G. 1 Thing is obvious, Perry needs to be replaced.......

I'm not so that on Perry as some of you guys are. I remember last year he had the key block on last 4 of Ricky's long runs and he was very consisten. I think the fact that he was coming back from an off season led people to think that he was bas again last year. I think he was almost as good as Nails last year. If he's gone it'll be cos of the cap. I think there's a chance for Whitley to start but it could be in place of Nails if he's not ready to go on opening day which I hope he is. But Smith could also start(get this) at LG keeping Dixon at LT early on.

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!

Honestly...

I don't think that they would have drafted Whitley as early as they did if not for two possibilities...

1. They are not sold on Nails healing quickly
2. Releasing Perry down the road...some residual from not taking a paycut or restructure.

Re: Honestly...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I don't think that they would have drafted Whitley as early as they did if not for two possibilities...

1. They are not sold on Nails healing quickly
2. Releasing Perry down the road...some residual from not taking a paycut or restructure.

well, i can see your point and i have said similar things to say but........i dont think Nails is having a problem coming back but are worried if he will be able to hold up all season. he is still a heavy man and its all just trying to prepare for the worst. If you remember, Nails was out the last two games and we lost. i bet they wonder if Nails being out played a little role in not being able to get out of the endzone and run effectively on minnesota as well as we should have. on releasing perry, i just dont see it happening. perry was our most consistent linemen lst year, not the best(jamie nails) but right behind jamie IMO. what i see happening is that all 3 have a great chance to make this team and whoever gets injured, and you know someone at some time is going to get injured, that backup will get some time to shine. tehn next year they will reevaluate perry/dixon/Nails and see where we stand. that is why i love this draft so much. we drafted very smart, versatile linemen for the most part who are smart.

UMM, dude, I think you are SOOO wrong. How can you think McKinney will start ahead of Ruddy this year? Then a rookie starting ahead of a proven veteran Perry? Man you are nuts. That is a recipe for getting Fiedler knocked the fvck out. Our line will be the same line that got Rickey 1850 yards last season.

Drafting the two lineman the first day was huge, and very smart. I predict we will start the same 5 opening day, but it could change in a heartbeat, and might not slow down! I could see McKinney stepping in for Ruddy or Perry (although I think Perry is good, he could slow down), or even Nails if he cant cut it with the ankle. Either way, Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon are getting OLD at same time so hopefully when the time is right McKinney, Smith, and Whitley can step up and start. My prediction for 2005:

LT Wayne Smith
LG Taylor Whitley
C Seth McKinney
RG Jamie Nails
RT Todd Wade

Of course this could happen sooner but for al the guys to be in the mix at the same time, I would think 2005 is the earliest. Picking those two lineman for depth was big, if they both start in two years, it was a great draft.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Drafting the two lineman the first day was huge, and very smart. I predict we will start the same 5 opening day, but it could change in a heartbeat, and might not slow down! I could see McKinney stepping in for Ruddy or Perry (although I think Perry is good, he could slow down), or even Nails if he cant cut it with the ankle. Either way, Ruddy, Perry, and Dixon are getting OLD at same time so hopefully when the time is right McKinney, Smith, and Whitley can step up and start. My prediction for 2005:

LT Wayne Smith
LG Taylor Whitley
C Seth McKinney
RG Jamie Nails
RT Todd Wade

Of course this could happen sooner but for al the guys to be in the mix at the same time, I would think 2005 is the earliest. Picking those two lineman for depth was big, if they both start in two years, it was a great draft.

Well I don't see it happening this year but next year that will most likely be the Fins starting five.

I think we are really screwed with the OL.

Nails is coming off about as bad as an injury as an OL can get. He has had a history of weight problems and the lack of being able to move around has to make you think he's put on a few more pounds.

We have no LT. Dixon played OK there, but he never plays a full season. Ruddy is fair, Perry is liveable but aging. Todd Wade isn't bad. If we take an injury here, we are royally screwed.

Originally posted by InMyChambers

Nails is coming off about as bad as an injury as an OL can get. He has had a history of weight problems and the lack of being able to move around has to make you think he's put on a few more pounds.

We have no LT. Dixon played OK there, but he never plays a full season. Ruddy is fair, Perry is liveable but aging. Todd Wade isn't bad. If we take an injury here, we are royally screwed.

Well, it's good to get a fresh take on the line but I gotta disagree.

Dixon is more than adequate at LT, if HE goes down we could be screwed relying in the rookie, thats why I would sign Spriggs for back up while Smith is learning the ropes.

At Guard, we are set! We have two solid starters with Nails and Perry and two good back ups with McKinney and Whitney.

Center is fine with Ruddy and McKinney.

The way see it we have 6 starting calibur lineman with two rookies and whatever depth we had last year to back them up. I feel good about the O-line.

Originally posted by InMyChambers

Last I heard, Nails is on track and has kept his weight down. That was one concern for the team, and they've monitored him pretty closely, so he doesn't binge on half gallons of rocky road.

LT Mark Dixon / Wade Smith
LG Taylor Whitley
C Tim Ruddy / Seth McKinney
RG Jamie Nails
RT Todd Wade / (Jerman or Borum - need to see them to have a clue)

Provost on PS
Perry gets cut 6/1 to make room for Griese
T. Andrews C/G - though a nice backup is lost in depth a C or ends up on PS

Back
Top Bottom