Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday

BlueFin said:
If we draft Kyle Orton in the second round I will be disapointed.
If hes there and we don't I will be disappointed. Id rather you be disappointed then me bro. Sorry. :D

fishypete said:
And most experts have them below Edwards...in fact...most mock drafts that are run by people that really know football...have both QB's rated no better than 4th or 5th best available players in the draft. It's the first draft I can remember where the so called top QB's are not rated on the top. Thats enough for me.

You don't call being ranked in the top five in a draft elite?

Does that mean they aren't great prospects?

I agree, Edwards is the key, hence my prediction.

I would be perfectly happy if we drafted Braylon Edwards or got the #7 & #18 picks in this draft.

I would also be happy if we drafted a quarterback, I like them both.

My prediction is what I think will happen, its not the only thing that I would be happy with.

BlueFin said:
You don't call being ranked in the top five in a draft elite?

Does that mean they aren't great prospects?

I agree, Edwards is the key, hence my prediction.

I would be perfectly happy if we drafted Braylon Edwards or got the #7 & #18 picks in this draft.

I would also be happy if we drafted a quarterback, I like them both.

My prediction is what I think will happen, its not the only thing that I would be happy with.

Top five for the top QB's?....Come on Blue....E. Manning was rated # 2 overall...just behind Fitzgerald....at best Rodgers and Smith are 6th and 7th...behind Edwards, Williams, R. Brown, C. Williams and Benson.

From NFL Draft showcase;

1Derrick Johnson LB Texas

2Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

3Mike Williams WR USC

4Antrel Rolle CB Miami

5Ronnie Brown RB Auburn

6Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma

7Shawne Merriman DE Maryland

8Aaron Rodgers QB California

9Alex Barron OT Florida State

10Alex Smith QB Utah

Mel Kipers top 10

1. Mike Williams

2. Ronnie Brown

3. Braylon Edwards

4. Carnell Williams

5. Cedric Benson

6. Alex Smith

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. Derrick Johnson

9. Adam Jones

10. Antrel Rolle

NFL Draft scout;

1- R. Brown

2- B. Edwards

3- D. Johnson

4- A. Smith

5- A. Rodgers

Not one has either QB rated at # 1....AMAZING!!!

PHINATIC13 said:
Might be a big gamble for SF. I'm not so sure Rodgers will be there at #7. If we take your boy Smith I think CLE will take Rodgers. JMO
i think this is accurate, cleveland needs a qb as much as anyone

If we stay with our pick I think we will draft Smith.The only doubt I have is if Saban thinks he can be a franchise QB.If he does then its a no-brainer.

fishypete said:
If the 49ers don't take Smith or Rodgers....why would anyone think that the Dolphins would? Give me a break....some of you act like Rodgers and Smith are even franchise QB's....there not....neither are ready for the NFL...and neither are worth selecting with the 2 pick...especially when you have two QB's that have NFL experience...and the Dolphins have far more pressing needs. Saban will trade down...or he will take a player HE feels safe with....even if some fans don't like it. The days of J.J. and Wanny are over...stop thinking like the're still around.

This is 100% WRONG, wannabe and jj would be the ones that trade down and be obsessed with #'s of picks rather than getting an actual playmaker. They are the morons who would intentionally draft everything but QB and hope they find a diamond in the rough. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOT US TO 4-12 AND A LOT OF US DO NOT WANT SABAN TO FALL INTO THIS TRAP.

If this team trades down IMO, WE JUST PULLED ANOTHER WANNABE BONEHEAD MOVE. We have GOT to get a playmaker at QB NOW while we can.

BlueFin I do SO hope your original post on this thread turns out right. You don't want to know how much I want to see that exact scenario turn out to be true.

BlueFin said:
Now that San Fran has decided to get in on the trade down possibilities and start smokescreening who they really want, here is what I think will happen:

You will start hearing that the Niners are shifting their interest to Braylon Edwards as we get further into this week, Minnesota badly wants Edwards and will trade up with the Niners.

The Niners think that Rodgers, their real first choice will still be there at #7 and they will have picked up an extra first rounder in the process.

Miami will then have to decide between Alex Smith or a possible trade down......I go on record here stating Alex Smith will be a Miami Dolphin on Saturday.

I disagree. A smokescreen to work must not be transparent. Transparency would be the case should the Niners all of a sudden say, "we may pick Edwards". Minnesota would call that bluff if they were smart. I think they pick Rodgers because of the signability factor. Miami is the one who trades down. If we stay at two, I want Mike Williams.

Boik14 said:
My prediction is in my sig.
I like who all you have in your mock draft, but IMO, we'd need to pull the trigger on Hawthorne in the 2nd to insure getting him, and at the same time, I think Barber would be there in the 3rd. Also, again IMO, there is no way Incognito slides to the 7th. I'd love to get him, but think we'd need to use a 4th to have a decent chance.
Lastly, I'd rather we take Merriman at #7 and take a WR at 31, like maybe Murphy or Brown, though Williamson and Tuck would be a nice pair of 1st rounders, and if Tuck were gone, I'd be happy with Matt Roth at that pick too.

dolphingator said:
This is 100% WRONG, wannabe and jj would be the ones that trade down and be obsessed with #'s of picks rather than getting an actual playmaker. They are the morons who would intentionally draft everything but QB and hope they find a diamond in the rough. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOT US TO 4-12 AND A LOT OF US DO NOT WANT SABAN TO FALL INTO THIS TRAP.

If this team trades down IMO, WE JUST PULLED ANOTHER WANNABE BONEHEAD MOVE. We have GOT to get a playmaker at QB NOW while we can.

BlueFin I do SO hope your original post on this thread turns out right. You don't want to know how much I want to see that exact scenario turn out to be true.

Well DolphinGator, todays news has it shaping up that way.

kizzaboo said:
I will also second the belief that Alex Smith will be drafted at the #2

but will it be by Miami?

Jaj said:
I think Saban will work a trade for Minny. Minny will try and put themselves over the top with Braylon Edwards and a DL like Pollack at 18. We'll get their 7th overall, their 2nd, their 3rd, and maybe a pick next year if anything else.
sorry but both 1st's will be miami's if a trade gets done

dolphingator said:

One problem....the only true playmaker is Edwards....not Smith or Rodgers...who will sit on the bench...and aren't any better than what the Dolphins already have on the roster.

BlueFin said:
We can't work a deal with Minny if San Fran drafts Edwards and then trades him for Minnys picks, or trades the #1 for the picks while still on the clock, I think one of those two scenarios will play out.

San Fran was a little slow in figuring it out but they now realize they are better off to wait until all their time is allotted Saturday before pulling the trigger.

They will draft the player they think they can get the best trade down value from, which appears to be Minnesota's #7 & #18 picks for Braylon Edwards, Braylon is considered by most scouts the most talented player in this draft.

Of course that will leave Alex Smith to us when the dust settles, Tampa will decide to probably sit tight and not pony up the fortune it will take to move up and we will select Alex Smith.

No GM is dumb enough to think that San Fran will take Edwards when they've been working with Smith and Rodger's agents to work out a deal. The 49ers will pick a QB with their pick unless a team wants to trade up to get a QB. Minnesota will not trade up with the 9ers. The only team I see trading up with the 9ers would be the Bucs or even possibly the Browns because of their need for QB's. But I really doubt the Browns would trade up because I think Rodgers will go to them.

I predict the Niners take Rodgers.

I predict that we trade the pick to Minnesota for #7 and #18. Maybe they throw in a 4th or a 2006 pick or something. They take Edwards at #2, we take Ronnie Brown at #7 and Marcus Spears at #18.

I predict we trade Surtain to KC for a 2nd round pick. We'll take Darryl Blackstock with that choice and Corey Webster at the start of round 3.

And, if there's justice in the world, we take David Greene in round 4.

KyPhinfan13 said:
No GM is dumb enough to think that San Fran will take Edwards when they've been working with Smith and Rodger's agents to work out a deal. The 49ers will pick a QB with their pick unless a team wants to trade up to get a QB. Minnesota will not trade up with the 9ers. The only team I see trading up with the 9ers would be the Bucs or even possibly the Browns because of their need for QB's. But I really doubt the Browns would trade up because I think Rodgers will go to them.

Uh.........they've also talked to and negotiated with Edwards agent.

Back
Top Bottom