Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract

You said, "Tannehill didn't even make the Titans that much better".

Go watch how Mariotta started the season and then how Tannehill performed, but he didn't make them that much better? Suuuuuuure.

Your logic is flawed by saying Tannehill was just along for the ride, where was this ride with Mariotta (remember Tannehill didn't make them much better) if Henry and/or their run game is so beastly that it carries mediocre QB's?

Point me to the season where any Titans QB not named Steve McNair performed like RT did last season.

Such flawed logic but whatever.

I said in the playoffs...I also pointed out that you were incorrect about the run game. I also mentioned that they finished with the same record for 4 straight seasons and had a playoff win with Mariota.

You seem very emotional about this, so I will leave it...I offered statistics, records, playoff performances...you keep changing what you want from the results.

I said in the playoffs...I also pointed out that you were incorrect about the run game. I also mentioned that they finished with the same record for 4 straight seasons and had a playoff win with Mariota.

You seem very emotional about this, so I will leave it...I offered statistics, records, playoff performances...you keep changing what you want from the results.

I'm very emotional about sports, period.

Look, we all know (or should know) Tannehill was a massive upgrade over a weak armed QB in Mariotta, no need to front.

That doesn't mean RT is great, but he did play great last season which I have been waiting for and expecting out of him (never wanted us to move on from him last year like 99.9% of finheaven and the vast majority of our fan base did).

Will he repeat the previous years success into the future who knows, but I still believe he is a damn good Franchise QB (my definition, which is I would want to build an NFL team around him) and your damn right I was proud of how he played last year.

S*** I payed like $300 bucks for his authentic jersey!

of course it devolves to this when the usual suspects show up in this thread still imagining THill is not good. it’s why i was hoping to limit it to contract discussion.

Back to the topic at hand and to answer Q above as to why they havent signed him yet and the Brady noise:

Titans have been trying to sign THill for 4 months now. Theyre trying to use Brady as leverage (and may sign him if RT balks).

RT switched agents ‘cause he is after the kind of $ that they think follows some of the best numbers put up by a QB in NFL history. Titans are going to look really bad if they can’t re-sign THill.

Fascinating to watch. This whole off season maybe the most entertaining in NFL history because of the QB situations with 30% of the league and the available supply.

Last edited:
the black dude in the clip above reminds me of a few posters. first, he makes comments that are completely not true- such as THill failed to show up in playoffs when they needed him, and then made stupid comment like his numbers wouldnt be nearly as good if you take away screen passes and play action (the latter of which RT excels at and the O is built around) then he would have avg numbers.

Yeah, and what would happen to every other QBs numbers if you took away screen passes plus the thing they do best? it’s like saying where would kareem jabbar be if you took away his sky hook or michael jordan’s mid range jumper. stupid stupid arguments.

and btw, its well documented in the NFL, the success of play action has almost ZERO correlation to how good your RB is.

but back to the contract..,, i think THill will take less than he wants and Titans will pay more than they want.

Last edited:
Think the sign Henry and give Tannehill franchise tag. See if he can put up the same numbers again.

I guess you didn't notice the difference Tannehill made in their offense compared to Mariotta, that's OK not everyone gets football.

Tannehill wasn't along for the ride, Derrick Henry was as he couldn't have done what he did without Tannehill (as proven in 2016 Henry's rookie season, 2017, and 2018).

In every statistical measurment Tannehill was elite last year, beat the Ravens in the playoffs and beat the champs in the regular season, suck on it finheaven.

View attachment 39420
Hi Ryan,

Nice to see you again. Fam is looking good there. (you might wanna get a blood test though, just saying) Also, if you tell our entire website to suck it again, I’ll ship your ass out faster than Grier did.

love,

Bumpus, FH Admin

P.S.: Love your dedication. :lol:

Who cares and what does that have to do with the Dolphins. Perhaps we should update where Chad Henne signs next year too.

So if they franchise Henry, Conklin is a FA. Titans tie up their funds on an average qb, a rb and lose a top tackle. Sounds like the old phins. This is not how to fun a team

Back
Top Bottom