Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract

LoneStarPhin

Active Roster
Reaction score
I presume he’ll stay with Titans, but in any event, I think 3 years guaranteed, prob a 5 yr contract, about 25-27 million for first 3 yrs. with 30 million 2 yr option (though that sounds low for 4-5 if he actually produces. not sure he’d lock himself up like that.

I think the Titans will probably sign Brady to a two years contract and Tannehill will be playing on another NFL team next year. I think he will sign for backup QB money and he will likely remain a backup for the rest of his career.

I think the Titans will probably sign Brady to a two years contract and Tannehill will be playing on another NFL team next year. I think he will sign for backup QB money and he will likely remain a backup for the rest of his career.

Lol, he was one of the best QB's in the NFL last year, dudes gonna get PAID.

i guess i'd look at Nick Foles' contract as a starting point for negotiations, if i were representing Tannehill. 4 years, roughly 90 million, 30 million signing bonus, half of the contract total guaranteed

Wow he boffed your girlfriend too.:bobdole:

That dude gets around.

The first part might just come into fruition, but Tannehill is definitely going to be signed as some team's starter for a lot of guaranteed money.

Titans
Patriots
Raiders
Bears
Buccaneers

He's the week 1 starter for one of those teams in 2021.

Titans going to give Tannehill 4 year, $120 mil contract. Henry no longer on team or doesn't run like the beast he was this past year and Tannehill gets exposed as teams don't have to stack the box or bite on the play-action.

Vrabel fired after 2021 season.

Lol, he was one of the best QB's in the NFL last year, dudes gonna get PAID.
Hey Lauren. Quick question, if your husband is as specular as you suggest in every post. Why hasn't Tennessee sign him ling term yet? Why are the titans going aggressively after brady?

Hey Lauren. Quick question, if your husband is as specular as you suggest in every post. Why hasn't Tennessee sign him ling term yet? Why are the titans going aggressively after brady?

Because they're stupid if they actually sign Brady or lose Tannehill, kind of like many on finheaven who thought one of the best QB's in the NFL can't play.

They could have beaten the best team in the league twice last year and won the SB if they let Tannehill air it out in the playoffs, but Vrabel played it right into the Chiefs hands with his conservative play calling (run it up the gut on second and long lol).

Whether or not they re-sign Tannehill is irrelevant to me (and he's not tripping, he's trying to get PAID...again), he will be a starter again in 2020 and will probably be a top 5 QB in the league just like last year, sorry about your feelings.

Last edited:
Because they're stupid, kind of like many on finheaven who thought one of the best QB's in the NFL can't play.

They could have beaten the best team in the league last year twice if they let Tannehill air it out in the playoffs, but Vrabel played it right into the Chiefs hands with his conservative play calling (run it up the gut on second and long lol).

Whether or not they re-sign Tannehill is irrelevant (he's not tripping, he's trying to get PAID again), he will be a starter again in 2020 and will probably be a top 5 QB in the league just like last year, sorry about your feelings.

Titans called 20 pass plays vs 6 run plays in the second half...it produced 1 TD.

Titans called 20 pass plays vs 6 run plays in the second half...it produced 1 TD.

Yea that ratio probably would have helped more in the first half, when the defense wasn't pinning their ears back but whatever.

Run it up the gut on second and long for a one yard gain on a critical possession, real smart Vrabel...

You're up 17-14 against the best offense in football with less than 4 minutes to go in the first half, and you lose ALL momentum with these 3 play calls (6 minute mark).

Not only do you forfeit possession without even giving Tannehill a chance, you allow the Chiefs to score a TD to end the half.

The game was lost right there, that's not on Tannehill, that's on Vrabel.

Last edited:
Yea that ratio probably would have helped more in the first half, when the defense wasn't pinning their ears back but whatever.

Run it up the gut on second and long for a one yard gain on a critical possession, real smart Vrabel...

Most likely a trust issue with the QB...what happens when the QB is along for the ride in the playoffs.

Titans were 9-7 3 years in a row and actually started to fail at the end of last season. Luckily the Texans decided to rest their starters allowing the Titans to back their way in the playoffs. Then it was hand it to Henry and try not to **** it up Tannehill once they got there. It worked because they were able to get to an early lead. Once they were down, nothing they could do...Tannehill isn't leading anyone from behind, but they tried and failed. Sucks for Henry who put up some great performances to be once again held back by a QB.

Tannehill didn't even make the Titans that much better...they were 9-7 the previous 3 seasons with a playoff win during that time as well.

Most likely a trust issue with the QB...what happens when the QB is along for the ride in the playoffs.

Titans were 9-7 3 years in a row and actually started to fail at the end of last season. Luckily the Texans decided to rest their starters allowing the Titans to back their way in the playoffs. Then it was hand it to Henry and try not to **** it up Tannehill once they got there. It worked because they were able to get to an early lead. Once they were down, nothing they could do...Tannehill isn't leading anyone from behind, but they tried and failed. Sucks for Henry who put up some great performances to be once again held back by a QB.

Tannehill didn't even make the Titans that much better...they were 9-7 the previous 3 seasons with a playoff win during that time as well.

I guess you didn't notice the difference Tannehill made in their offense compared to Mariotta, that's OK not everyone gets football.

Tannehill wasn't along for the ride, Derrick Henry was as he couldn't have done what he did without Tannehill (as proven in 2016 Henry's rookie season, 2017, and 2018).

In every statistical measurment Tannehill was elite last year, beat the Ravens in the playoffs and beat the champs in the regular season, suck on it finheaven.

1583513464865.png

Last edited:
I guess you didn't notice the difference Tannehill made in their offense compared to Mariotta, that's OK not everyone gets football.

Tannehill wasn't along for the ride, Derrick Henry was as he couldn't have done what he did without Tannehill (as proven in every other NFL season he played in).

In every statistical measurment Tannehill was elite last year, beat the Ravens in the playoffs and beat the champs in the regular season, suck on it finheaven.

You do realize that the Titans have been one of the top rushing teams the 3 of the last 4 seasons...that this year was not an anomaly. Henry split carries with Murray his first two seasons and in 2018 the team used Dion LEwsi more. This year was his first as the primary back...so yes, you saw a jump in stats...for him, but rushing has been about the same.

If you are using he was better then Mariota, cool, not a high standard being met to tell you the truth. Let not negate the impact that Brown had on what was a very mediocre receiving core.

You do realize that the Titans have been one of the top rushing teams the 3 of the last 4 seasons...that this year was not an anomaly. Henry split carries with Murray his first two seasons and in 2018 the team used Dion LEwsi more. This year was his first as the primary back...so yes, you saw a jump in stats...for him, but rushing has been about the same.

If you are using he was better then Mariota, cool, not a high standard being met to tell you the truth. Let not negate the impact that Brown had on what was a very mediocre receiving core.

You said, "Tannehill didn't even make the Titans that much better".

Go watch how Mariotta started the season and then how Tannehill performed, but he didn't make them that much better? Suuuuuuure.

Your logic is flawed by saying Tannehill was just along for the ride, where was this ride with Mariotta (remember Tannehill didn't make them much better) if Henry and/or their run game is so beastly that it carries mediocre QB's?

Point me to the season where any Titans QB not named Steve McNair performed like RT did last season and had the Titans 1 game away from the SB.

Such flawed logic but whatever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom