Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction (ONLY!) of Tannehill contract

Terrible contract. Love Ryan, but this reeks of desperation - like the Nick Foles contract in Jacksonville.
The difference is that Nick Foles had his success with a different team. Tannehill blossomed in Tennessee. He has proven to be an excellent fit there.

haha. i think it was precisely what he did in the playoffs that guaranteed he’d be back.

didn't he throw for less than 100 yards in their first 2 games?

then at KC when they had to have it on 4th down in the redzone he takes a sack lol.

god im glad that guy is gone.

Who cares and what does that have to do with the Dolphins. Perhaps we should update where Chad Henne signs next year too.

While I agree with the sentiment here, it does effect us indirectly. Takes Tenn off the board as a potential rival in the QB market an makes Brady to the Chargers or Raiders more likely which is significant for us. Ideally I would like to see the following happen now:

Brady to the Chargers. (Brady will insist they take OL at 7 and not move up for a QB)
Prescott stays at Cowboys.
Marriota to the Raiders (they are not going first round qb with Carr and Marriota on the roster)
Winston signs long term at Tampa
Bridgewater goes to the Cheats
Rivers to the Colts
Brees signs on at the Saints

If all that happens Carolina are the only team potential in the market for a top 10 QB outside of Bengals and ourselves and Carolina are clearly in tank for Trevor mode. Having said that Teddy to Carolina may be even better for us, because then there is no way anyone can use them as leverage in negotiations with the fins. The Cheats would then be a danger but they got to go a long way up to jump us, so I'm switching this to Bridgewater to the Panthers.

Who cares and what does that have to do with the Dolphins. Perhaps we should update where Chad Henne signs next year too.

And you were the Einstein that said he will remain a back-up the rest of his career. I didn't know back-ups made 118 million for 4 years.

I think the Titans will probably sign Brady to a two years contract and Tannehill will be playing on another NFL team next year. I think he will sign for backup QB money and he will likely remain a backup for the rest of his career.

So are they going to list every NFL free agent who signs of the Dolphin forum? There is an NFL forum on this site to comment on what is happening around the league. I have no problem with Tannehill fans posting on this site but the Dolphin forum is the wrong place for those comments since he has been gone for over a year.

Ok it got moved relax sheesh

i thought it was obvious in the playoffs the only thing holding the titans back was QB, and they go and re-sign him to a big deal. good for us.
No he played really well and was the reason they even turned their season around. But I do think they over committed to him.

It os insane to me how much crap tannehill gets by Dolphin fans, when these same people were willing to crown Ryan Fitzpatrick the greatest thing ever.

Its like they forget just how bad some of the teams Thill had to shepard through a season.

It os insane to me how much crap tannehill gets by Dolphin fans, when these same people were willing to crown Ryan Fitzpatrick the greatest thing ever.

Its like they forget just how bad some of the teams Thill had to shepard through a season.
I have been consistent in saying Fitz sucked from the moment we signed him until now. Nothing will change my mind. He could have 3 Jerry Rices, 1 Kellen Winslow Sr and Jim Brown and Barry Sanders and he’d still guide you to 6-10. His decision making sucks ass.

honestly that offense fits tannehill perfectly...he will probably have a better year this season, he always played better when he had a run game,pretty much during ajayis run we saw some of tannehills most consistent play...i think tannehill and henry are the perfect duo, tanny is and has always been very good on playaction...

"According to Sports Info Solutions, Tannehill ranked third in completion rate (75.6%) and first in passer rating (143.6) on play-action passes this season. More than one of every four drop-backs by Tannehill included a play fake, the league’s ninth-highest rate."

we refused to ever field a serious running attack his whole career instead we got the get the ball out quick-screen based offenses. Teams just tee'd off on the guy. We never posed a legit threat to run the ball with any consistency. Say what u want about his pocket presence but he was like 3rd behind carr and cunningham for most sacked qb in the first 3 seasons of a career. Philbin and Gase wanted to get cute with little short passes and the so called fast-paced-offense bs and the finesse linemen with great footwork they kept selling us every offseason. These guys refused to run the ball because they have twinkletoed linemen that they chose to have who have amazing footwork as they get pushed back 7 yards into the qb in under 3 seconds.

is he worth 118mil? idk i guess thats debatable but im honestly happy for the guy. I always thought he got a raw deal here in the sense he got blamed for alot more than he should have considering the circumstances he was dealt but ill be rootin for him unless were playing him in the afc championship game.

Back
Top Bottom