Prediction: Starks to NT was a smokescreen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Starks to NT was a smokescreen

I just don't think Starks is big enough to be a dominant NT demanding double teams, like Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork, the typical 3-4 NTs, we're moving our best DE to NT? I'm fine with him being Soliai's back up, just shift him over on passing downs and rotate someone else in at DE. I think our starting DL should look like Starks-Soliai-Odrick. I really like Langford, but he doesn't have pass rushing ability like Starks and from what they're saying Odrick too, Langford and Merling are GREAT rotational D-Linemen, we got great depth on our DL, but we need a dominant NT, and Starks would just be a project, let's see how well it works basically

He's pretty much the same weight as Fergie... Besides, Jenkins plays like 5 plays then has to go get oxygen. That's not what I want.

Right now NT is a huge fad in the NFL ... everyone's looking for a couple (even J-Lo on the TV, for gawds sake!!).

If you're not some stud DL guy who can get rich ... & can handle NT. Moving to NT may be lucrative & give you NFL longevity. (not for everyone of course.)

I really hope this move doesn't get Starks wanting to leave our team.

Even if he does, hes under contract and doesn't have much of a choice.. and if thats his attitude im sure the front office wouldn't have any problem kicking his butt out of town either..

Back
Top Bottom