Prediction: Starks to NT was a smokescreen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction: Starks to NT was a smokescreen

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I still think Starks will be the NT, but I think Ireland purposely let that info out there last night because he wants a project NT to slide to them. If that guy pans, out, we have even more flexibility on the DL down the road.

Maybe, but I think the Starks move to NT is the real thing. Sparano personally informed Starks Friday morning of the move. If it was a smokescreen, they didn't need to tell Starks anything.

I dunno....seems a little dry to announce you moving a player to a position he probably could play at a high level so that you can get another D-Line player....we got other needs than the D-Line...we'll see

Maybe, but I think the Starks move to NT is the real thing. Sparano personally informed Starks Friday morning of the move. If it was a smokescreen, they didn't need to tell Starks anything.

What I mean is, I believe they have every intention of moving Starks to NT, but they just wanted to put it out there so teams would think we're not gonna pick another NT. The Trifecta likes to double on positions, so NT would be a good spot to do it.

EDIT: I also predict that right after we draft another NT late, some FinHeaven posters will hate the pick, then use that pick as "proof" that Starks won't be a NT, and Odrick was a waste of a pick. :lol:

I just don't think Starks is big enough to be a dominant NT demanding double teams, like Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork, the typical 3-4 NTs, we're moving our best DE to NT? I'm fine with him being Soliai's back up, just shift him over on passing downs and rotate someone else in at DE. I think our starting DL should look like Starks-Soliai-Odrick. I really like Langford, but he doesn't have pass rushing ability like Starks and from what they're saying Odrick too, Langford and Merling are GREAT rotational D-Linemen, we got great depth on our DL, but we need a dominant NT, and Starks would just be a project, let's see how well it works basically

Starks played the NT last year and did a solid job. He is strong as an Ox.

I just don't think Starks is big enough to be a dominant NT demanding double teams, like Kris Jenkins or Vince Wilfork, the typical 3-4 NTs, we're moving our best DE to NT? I'm fine with him being Soliai's back up, just shift him over on passing downs and rotate someone else in at DE. I think our starting DL should look like Starks-Soliai-Odrick. I really like Langford, but he doesn't have pass rushing ability like Starks and from what they're saying Odrick too, Langford and Merling are GREAT rotational D-Linemen, we got great depth on our DL, but we need a dominant NT, and Starks would just be a project, let's see how well it works basically

We will be running a hybrid defense this year. So the reason to kick Starks inside is to have more speed inside instead of a big clogging NT. What it does is create more pressure on the QB instead of having to blitz a lot of linebackers. I personally liked Starks at NT when he has lined up there, plus if you look at the NT's that the Tuna had in Dallas ( Jay Ratliff) he has a lot of speed and is able to get after the QB. I like the move.

Starks is no project, he filled in and did very well. He will do just fine

You know Starks is the same size as Freg, plus he was signed to backup Freg (I think) :hump: then moved to DE as he was a DT at Tenn when we signed him :hump:

Starks is no project, he filled in and did very well. He will do just fine

As an NT he did ok, not great. He didn't demand double teams, like Solai. I think it's crazy to move him from DE where he was our best defensive player, but I will wait and see what is really going on.

Nolan is a great D coach, so I wil be patient.

I still think Starks will be the NT, but I think Ireland purposely let that info out there last night because he wants a project NT to slide to them. If that guy pans, out, we have even more flexibility on the DL down the road.

So what you are saying is there are other teams out there when deciding what player should they draft to help their team the most always include the question, "What is it the Dolphins need? Because we want our pick to interfere with the Dolphins plans. I heard Starks is going to play NT so let's not take a NT. Otherwise, we would!"

I think on a scale of 1-10 this possibility is around ZERO!

Uh, slide in the 5th round ... to where the 7th round??:confused:
That's one HECK of a conspiracy theory!!:crazy:

My friend, the train has already left the station!!:hump:

Ireand was full of it when he said Starks feels "right at home" playing NT, because I know for a fact I saw Starks saying in an interview he doesn't ever want to play NT.

not many people are willing to give up personal stats and glory to play the nose, that wouldnt surprise me if he didnt want to.

not many people are willing to give up personal stats and glory to play the nose, that wouldnt surprise me if he didnt want to.

but you are forgetting the people that just want to win

which one do you think Starks is?

Back
Top Bottom