Predictions for 2002 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions for 2002

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
:) So what are the predictions for this years rushing numbers. I predict 1600 yds rushing and about 3300 passing

your nos. sound about right. Whatever they end up being, the numbers you can count on will be a record of 19-0!!

"In Fiedler we trust"

Originally posted by Chubby
:) So what are the predictions for this years rushing numbers. I predict 1600 yds rushing and about 3300 passing
somewhere around 1800 yards rushing (inc. Jay) and 3100 yards passing.

Our TEAM rushing will be right around 2200 yards. With Fiedler's mobility, Ricky rushing, and some use of Minor, Edwards, Konrad, etc in certain situtations I don't see why we aren't going to be up near 2200 yards. We had 1664 last season in TEAM rushing. I see significant improvement this year. The Jets, Chiefs, 49ers, Cowboys, and Rams had 2000 yards or so in TEAM rushing last season. The Steelers had around 2700. I would be really surprised if we had less than 2000 yards in team rushing this year barring any major injury to our team.

I would also not want ricky to attain 1600 yards to where we give up our #1 pick in 2003, but I would like to see Ricky Break Marshall Faulks TD record for a season!!!!!!! If Ricky got more than 1600 yards and we won the Super Bowl this upcoming season, I could care less if we lose our #1 pick in 2003!

Originally posted by chambers84
I would also not want ricky to attain 1600 yards to where we give up our #1 pick in 2003, but I would like to see Ricky Break Marshall Faulks TD record for a season!!!!!!! If Ricky got more than 1600 yards and we won the Super Bowl this upcoming season, I could care less if we lose our #1 pick in 2003!
when we are 12-3 and Ricky breaks into the 1590 yard barrier in game 16, I see lots of Minor and/or Edwards for the rest of the game. :D

We will gain around 1800 yards rushing (Williams getting 1400, i am hoping for 1499) and we will pass for 3200 yards.

FOR ICEBLIZARD69: We will have way more than 1800 yards rushing as a TEAM from our Fins this year!! Only having 1800 would put us around 10th or 11th in the league. We will be anywhere from 8th to 3rd in the league in rushing this year. 2000 yards is very do-able for us. Passing will be around 3,400 to 3,500.

Guys, let's not get carried away completely, we are not the Rams or 49ers yet. It will be an accomplishment to average 4.0 YPC. I've seen this for years now, everybody predicting over 2000yds, but we ALWAYS come up short, so until I see it, I'm not going to believe it.

Right now I'm just hoping for 4.0 YPC and 2000yds total, with about 3200 yds passing.

Still a lot of questions on offense.

Rushing yards:
Give me a break... I think you need to re-analyze your rushing numbers. I agree with Chambers84 on 2300 rushing yards. Around 1500 from RW, another 300 from both Edwards and Minor all together (Minor had 281 last year), 300 from Fiedler (he had 321 yards last year), 150 yards from Konrad and Dyer, and 50 yards from everyone else.

Here were last years rushing team leaders:
Pittsburgh: 2774
San Fran: 2244
Dallas: 2184
NY Jets: 2054
St. Louis: 2027
Kansas City: 2008

Between having a mobile QB and RW, Minor, Edwards, and utilizing a FB, and an improved OL, the only teams that can have any competition with us this year are San Francisco, and Pittsburgh.

Passing Yards:
St. Louis: 4663
Indy: 3989
Green Bay: 3770
Oakland: 3707
Kansas City: 3665
Detroit: 3595
Tennessee: 3558
NY Giants: 3558
New Orleans: 3514
San Diego: 3505
Minnesota: 3483
Buffalo: 3451
Arizona: 3459
San Francisco: 3445

14 teams got over 3400 yards. Anyone who doesnt think we can get 3400 yards shouldnt be considered a fan. I think our passing game will be a lot better than San Diego's, Detroit's, the Giant's, Kansas City's, and Tennessee's last year (given they passed the ball a lot once they were all getting KILLED!). I wouldnt be happy with less than 3500 yards this year and would like to aim for 3600. We had nearly 3200 last year with the same receivers, but now we are going to see a much better offense with RW (350 yards receiving) and Konrad/Dyer (250 yards) pulling some down as well as Chambers (1200 yards) dominating all 16 regular season games. McKnight, Ward, and Gadsden should average about 600 each. That is 3600 there among the running game and the top 4 WRs.

Eddie,
Are we going to pass the ball more to get all those extra yards? Or are we gonna run the football so much more to get all those rushing yards? Or are we just gonna do what we want and never be stopped?

Do we have the o-line to be an offensive juggernaut? Time and time again the answer has been NO. I'll believe we have a prime time offense when I see it. I believe we have the pieces in place, but I have thought that for years, and it hasn't materialized.

RW is gonna get more carries than L Smith did last year, so how many carries is that gonna leave for everybody else? Not all that many. We are going to run the ball as long as we are successful, which in turn will cause a lower number of passing yards. As long as our passing game is efficient and keeps defenses honest, that will be fine. We have one gamebreaking WR, and he isn't even a proven thing yet.

Lord knows I want us to have a successful offense, but how many years in a row does it take of the same expectations and the same lower results for us to take a look in the mirror and realize that maybe we don't have it all? I hope we do, but i have to see it to believe it.

I think we will have a very efficient offense this season, but I don't think we will be a super offense that puts up HUGE league leading numbers.

Back
Top Bottom