Predictions for Dolphins vs. Chiefs (merged) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions for Dolphins vs. Chiefs (merged)

I wonder why some people think Holmes will get more yards than Ricky. Ricky is the leagues leading rusher right now, and there is no reason to doubt his ability.

Williams will have his game where he doesn't break 100, but this one won't be it.

I believe our guys aren't even thinking abot New England, other then maybe a passing thought of it being a big showdown next week. They HAVE to be thinking about K.C., as Wanny didn't even show them the Yets film! He moved right into K.C. on Weds., and off they go.

I hope the score is

Dolphins-Win :D
Chiefs-lose :cry:

Not saying you won't win -- saying you will need to execute better on the road and not overlook KC -- teams always say they are focused until they lose that's when you here maybe we were thinking ahead to so and so, maybe after the Jets game we didn't practice as hard etc...
holmes tore up NE D for 180 yards -- that D was supposed to be amazing -- an't assume anything with that x factor involved

Originally posted by 85inthehall
This is your typical overlook game -- off a major win for the phins they may look beyond KC to the Pats...if they do that they could very well be 3-2 in 2 weeks...they need to stay focused which they did las year after losing to the jets -- can they do it after a win?
They have the talent -- dind't look amazing beating the jets -- 17 pts off turnovers, pressure on Fiedler, and until Willimans big run were so so in run blocking....they need to execute better on offense this week...pats had to be nearly perfect to win against kc and get some big drives.

It was great beating the Jets but it wasn't a major win, streak or no streak EVERYONE knew this was coming, besides when was the last time the Jets beat the Dolphins? It's usaually the Dolphins beating the Dolphins when it comes to playing the Jets.

It's nice getting the monkey off our backs and it makes this season feel alot different than the past few years but it wasn't like we beat the Patriots.

What do you meen they didn't look amazing? They scored on the turnovers, that's what they're supposed to do. and if they didn't score on those turnover the Fins STILL would have won.

Granted they didn't blow anyone off the line consistantly and they had some penalties that stopped drives but they got the job done when needed.

As far as them running the Rams offense, do you know where that offense was originated? It's a pass happy version of.........thats right Norv Turners offense. And the Chiefs DO NOT have the talent that the Rams have or had last year.

IMO the only thing wrong with the Rams is Martz, that team needs to get back to the basics of football and quit trying to score on every play.

I never even mentioned the chiefs passing game -- i think it will be a tight game -- but on the road, a tough stadium, a team that can score some points -- just a dangerous team right now...i would like you to win -- i don't want to face KC after they beat miami and have hopes high -- beat them and make them doubt the seaosn...i will be happy to take them on after that:)
The jets win major - no -- for the players yes -- how many games do you win where players carry signs off the field? this game meant a lot more to the phins then you think.

Sorry 85,
That was a carpet bombing post, I was also replying to those who made the comparison of the Chiefs/Rams offense, or as I call it the Missouri coast offense.:lol:

Indy only scored 13 points against us in INDY! And Indy had won the week before! The Chiefs are clearly not better offensively than the Colts, and the Chiefs lost a heart-breaker in OT last Sunday.

We will easily win this game if we play like we have, which, I can assure you, will definitely be the case.

And remember folks: The Chiefs are 1-2 for a reason (And remember that they SHOULD really be 0-3). And one last thing to remember: The Chiefs only scored 16 (yes, only 16) points against the...GULP...JAGUARS!

This is trap game in between two divisional games. Again, the only way the Fins lose is if the beat themselves. Again, they are the superior team. KC offense will have it's moments though. Pat Surtain has not practiced as yet but if the Fins D-Line can pressure Trent Green like we did last week vs NYJ, then he can rest another week and be ready for the showdown w/NE in a couple of weeks. Plus, we need Pat for the long run anyway. MIA 28 KC 20

Go Fins!

The Dolphins are going to beat the Chiefs. Believe it. KC has one of the worst defenses in the league. I am not even worried about it. The true test of this team is going to be the Pats. If we beat them I am going to have a hard time not thinking Super Bowl.

Miami 34
KC 17

Miami will explode the weak KC secondary and this will be Chambers day to shine...Ricky William will have another good game with less carries (115 on 17 carries)..The Dolphins put pressure on Green and force him to make bad reads resulting in 2 int's...

The Dolphins are going to beat the Chiefs. Believe it. KC has one of the worst defenses in the league. I am not even worried about it. The true test of this team is going to be the Pats. If we beat them I am going to have a hard time not thinking Super Bowl.

Nah, they don't have one of the worst defenses

They have THE worst defense, and it only gets worse b/c Warfield is hurtin and so is his backup. Don't underestimate the Chiefs but don't overestimate em either.

Fins win 28-17

Phinz @ Chiefs : Thoughts / Prediction

There is no doubt that Kansas City head coach D. Vermeil is turning things around this year....

The Chiefs are a strong offensive team. We'll need to have the same defensive game plan for the Chiefs as we used for the Colts IMO....

If we limit RB P. Holmes, and put decent pressure on QB T. Green, we will win this game. The Chiefs defense ranks at the bottom of the NFL barrel, and the way our offense has been lately, we should be able to put over 30 on the board on them....

The key will be how our defense plays. If we continue to play stingy defense the way we have thus far, the Chiefs wont have a chance IMO. We own the Chiefs, and I've never been to, or seen a game the Phinz lost to the Chiefs....

Playing at Arrowhead wont make matter easy though. The crowd noise there is very loud. Regardless, the Phinz are a much better team than the Chiefs, and we should win with defense.....

Let's face it, QB T. Green is a pick machine when he's under pressure, and RB P. Holmes is their most dangerous weapon by far. Besides TE T. Gonzalez catching a few, the Chiefs are rather weak at WR as well.....

Our defense should be able shut those guys down pretty much.

PHINZ 33
CHIEFS 20

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

When I played NFL2k3 season with the Phins, the only game I lost was the KC game.. I hope I was wrong...

But anyway, 15-1 plus a SuperBowl victory isnt bad!! But then again, It was a Phins/Rams superbowl.. So much for reality mimicking virtual reality!

The Chiefs are hurting bad in the DB's so i expect this to be a huge week for chris chambers and the TE's. desmond clark? do we see a good dose of him to show new england some new wrinkles? reguardless, i see RW having another big week. I see priest holmes getting about 80 yds rushing. one reason is our safeties are no doubt being used correctly in the run defense as shown in jets game. We will go up early on them and shut down holmes most of the time, which will put trent green in the pressure cooker and thats when Ogun and Taylor will take over as well as sam madison/surtain/fletcher.

Fins 38
Chiefs 17

My original prediction was 21-17 Fins, but after reading the injuries that KC has I'll change it to 31-17 Fins

We really don't have a reason to push Desmond Clark. Let's let him make a full 100% recovery until we let him play. We are doing great right now with McMichael.

Back
Top Bottom