Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua

Fins arent making the playoffs if Fitz starts the majority of the games, it aint happening... Only way Fins make the playoffs is if Tua starts all games and goes all Mahomes and ****... Ryan is the type of QB who raises your floor and lowers your ceiling, if he starts with this roster, they aint making the playoffs... Tua is sort of an unknown so there's still the upside to make it but he could also flop and reel in a 2 win season(Highly unlikely IMO but who the **** knows really?)....

Tua should start when he's cleared and gives them the best shot to win, plain and simple... So he should start when he's cleared, once again, IMO.

I think this affects Rosen and Rudock more than Tua honestly. Tua was going to get limited preseason snaps regardless, coming off an injury and wanting to bring him along slowly no way they would have him playing extended preseasons snaps honestly he probably woulda only played in 3/4 in all likelihood. If/when Tua earns a starting spot it will be in practice and in the film room. Yes you want him to get some live action snaps but the preseason has become more meaningless for the QB position In particular teams are running very vanilla offenses, defenses aren’t using their full blitz packages. I really don’t think it’s make or break for the QB position because there is so much more that goes into that position. For a WR or Rb a position where you wanna showcase your raw athletic ability and playmaking skills the preseason is perfect, a little different for QBs

I think when Tua plays will be defined more on the practice field than in preseason games. How fast does he pick up the playbook? How does he connect with the wide receivers? How does the team respond to him. Things of that nature. It's going to be hard to tell how he is doing overall when he's playing behind a third string offensive line against defenders who will be cut in a week.

I agree if we winning I understand holding him back but if we losing and not going make playoff. He need experience for next yr..it all depend on his health. Trying win Garage games w Fitzpatrick is waste of time also. I dont have problem w us getting top 5 pick next yr too.

I've said this since draft night. I wouldn't mind ending up with the number one overall pick (preferably from Houston). I know it's a long shot but it's my dream scenario. Dump Tua for whatever we can get for him (I feel pretty confident some other QB-needy team would give up a decent amount to get him) and draft Lawrence. I would rather have a healthy Trevor Lawrence any day (and twice on Saturdays, Twice on Sundays) over an oft-injured, small, left-handed QB (I don't even care that he's left handed...but left handed QB's don't have a great track record in the NFL). I know some people on here think the injuries are flukes and that he will make a full recovery (I hope he does), but that doesn't change the fact he's had serious injuries. And the whole notion of them being "contact injuries" is irrelevant Football is a contact game (or more appropriately, a collision game). And unlike the NFl, where every player is a professional, he sustained these injuries against future car salesmen, insurance salesmen, financial advisors etc (and in way am I denigrating these professions).

All in all, I believe Tua will be on the roster for the long haul (or until he ends up on IR). He should only play late in the season in blowout situations (one way or the other) at most. I really don't think he should play at all this year.

I've said this since draft night. I wouldn't mind ending up with the number one overall pick (preferably from Houston). I know it's a long shot but it's my dream scenario. Dump Tua for whatever we can get for him (I feel pretty confident some other QB-needy team would give up a decent amount to get him) and draft Lawrence. I would rather have a healthy Trevor Lawrence any day (and twice on Saturdays, Twice on Sundays) over an oft-injured, small, left-handed QB (I don't even care that he's left handed...but left handed QB's don't have a great track record in the NFL). I know some people on here think the injuries are flukes and that he will make a full recovery (I hope he does), but that doesn't change the fact he's had serious injuries. And the whole notion of them being "contact injuries" is irrelevant Football is a contact game (or more appropriately, a collision game). And unlike the NFl, where every player is a professional, he sustained these injuries against future car salesmen, insurance salesmen, financial advisors etc (and in way am I denigrating these professions).

All in all, I believe Tua will be on the roster for the long haul (or until he ends up on IR). He should only play late in the season in blowout situations (one way or the other) at most. I really don't think he should play at all this year.
If Tua is healthy. He need play..you cant hold Tua hand. There is no guarantee Tua is going be star or workout in nfl. We got find out. Weather Tua is going wk out or not. The most important draft player in 2020 was Tua for dolphins. If Tua turn out be good and stay healthy..dolphins are going be good too but if Tua turn out be bust so will dolphins..

Wouldn't even consider playing Tua until the line gels, if that happens with this group. The last thing we should want is to throw him behind a group that has never played together, with so much inexperience at that. Just not ideal with the injury he's coming back from and all, IMO.

As number 5 pick it should nt take Tua that long bench Fitzpatrick. Or less coach are holding him back Either way Tua need get on field this yr if healthy Every qb get hit in nfl.. avg qb get sack at leased 30 to 50 time season..that not including other hit when they throw ball before getting hit..there is no way around getting hit in nfl..tua go have to be tough and smart as player.

Last edited:
What is the rush on playing our new QB that's is coming off a major injury ?
He'll get on the field soon enough and how about giving our line at least 5 or 6 games to jell first
Tua can learn and adjust to NFL speed , get comfortable with the receivers and be ready to hit the ground running when he is called on.

Not sure I would write them off, Dolphins may just have the best passing game in the AFC-E
They might end up with the best passing game in 2021 if Tua starts all season and he is as good as we hope he will be. Yet at this time I don’t see Fitzpatrick being the top passer in the AFC East. He is hit and miss and
I think it is going to be very difficult for him to even match the passing stats he had last year.

I like Fitzpatrick as a mentor for Tua but to me, he is just a backup QB who is good enough to lead a team to 5 or 6 wins over an entire season.

What is the rush on playing our new QB that's is coming off a major injury ?
He'll get on the field soon enough and how about giving our line at least 5 or 6 games to jell first
Tua can learn and adjust to NFL speed , get comfortable with the receivers and be ready to hit the ground running when he is called on.

It takes time to build good to great oline. It might be 2 to 3 yr before oline good.Like I said if he health he need play.. he need play at some point this yr

It takes time to build good to great oline. It might be 2 to 3 yr before oline good.Like I said if he health he need play.. he need play at some point this yr

The center and left guard Flowers are vets, Davis is too if he starts so we are only talking about 2 rookie starters
I think they may jell by the latter part of this season hopefully

Preseason is useful to see guys in one on one battles, but more often than not its garbage when judging units as a whole because so many players on the field are gonna be blowing assignments, running the wrong route, etc. Rosen actually played pretty well last preseason. Far better than Fitz. Flores had made up his mind before the first preseason game.

Fitzpatrick's career has been a model of inconsistency. His best attributes at this point are experience, leadership (always important to some degree in a QB) and his ability to help young QB's. He is Fitzmagic (Hall of fame worthy) to average to Fitztragic. And he is capable of pulling lal three of these off over the course of one season.

Back
Top Bottom