Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua

Less preseason games should not have a negative effect on his development. On the contrary, less preseason games means more practice reps for him. In the week of a preseason games there is no practice the day before the game, the day of and a couple days after.

I love the optimism but I think only Dolphins fans think Miami is a playoff team. I do however share your sentiment that we will be much better this year.

I hate the term “playoff team”. In the AFC many teams have made it over the years that you would never consider “Playoff teams”. 6 gotta go to the tourney, usually 3 or 4 are “playoff teams” but 2 more make it. The 08 and 16 fins Are examples of teams that were not “playoff teams”. The Bills with Tyrod Taylor are another example. Brock Qsweiler vs Connor cook was a playoff game once.

As far as Tua goes their should be nothing defined. When he’s healthy and a better option thanks Fitz he should play. Whether that’s week 1 or 2021 that’s the way it should go. Finheaven posters also shouldn’t act like they are smarter than the coaches and constantly state Tua is ready but the coaches have a Love affair with Fitz so he’s not playing. I’ve Been here a long time, it’s coming if he’s not playing when folks think he should be.

Last edited:
I've said this since draft night. I wouldn't mind ending up with the number one overall pick (preferably from Houston). I know it's a long shot but it's my dream scenario. Dump Tua for whatever we can get for him (I feel pretty confident some other QB-needy team would give up a decent amount to get him) and draft Lawrence. I would rather have a healthy Trevor Lawrence any day (and twice on Saturdays, Twice on Sundays) over an oft-injured, small, left-handed QB (I don't even care that he's left handed...but left handed QB's don't have a great track record in the NFL). I know some people on here think the injuries are flukes and that he will make a full recovery (I hope he does), but that doesn't change the fact he's had serious injuries. And the whole notion of them being "contact injuries" is irrelevant Football is a contact game (or more appropriately, a collision game). And unlike the NFl, where every player is a professional, he sustained these injuries against future car salesmen, insurance salesmen, financial advisors etc (and in way am I denigrating these professions).

All in all, I believe Tua will be on the roster for the long haul (or until he ends up on IR). He should only play late in the season in blowout situations (one way or the other) at most. I really don't think he should play at all this year.

I meant to say in NO WAY am I denigrating these professions. I apologize for that typo.

Was just reading that the Preseason would be shortened by 2 games. I thought that Fitz would start the season anyway...but I think this increases that likelihood even more!

Tua should not play until the OL has gelled a bit, otherwise he ends up like David Carr.

I hate the term “playoff team”. In the AFC many teams have made it over the years that you would never consider “Playoff teams”. 6 gotta go to the tourney, usually 3 or 4 are “playoff teams” but 2 more make it. The 08 and 16 fins Are examples of teams that were not “playoff teams”. The Bills with Tyrod Taylor are another example. Brock Qsweiler vs Connor cook was a playoff game once.

As far as Tua goes their should be nothing defined. When he’s healthy and a better option thanks Fitz he should play. Whether that’s week 1 or 2021 that’s the way it should go. Finheaven posters also shouldn’t act like they are smarter than the coaches and constantly state Tua is ready but the coaches have a Love affair with Fitz so he’s not playing. I’ve Been here a long time, it’s coming if he’s not playing when folks think he should be.

Tua will be very interesting situation in nfl.

For a young team like Miami a shortened preseason probably isn't great, other than potentially avoiding injuries. It would seem to be more of a benefit to veteran teams and those teams that haven't changed as much personnel-wise.

Back
Top Bottom