Preseason week 2 gameday thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason week 2 gameday thread

Only thing that worries me is depth. Starters and some of the second string looked good.

It feels like cutting down to 53 will be wayyyy easier than it was last year, I'm just trying to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing however...

Most concerned about the Offensive Line, Saftey and Corner due to injuries and Linebackers. That's where they could have used some of those 3rd or even 4th stringers to step up and they haven't.

I'm still confused about the challenge. The Panthers announcers attributed it to Rivera. If Joe did challenge I don't blame him, it gets the O off the field rather than having a goal line type play with lots of players smashing into each other, risking injury.

Riveria would have probably thrown the flag before the next play happened because it was clear on the replays that he fumbled.
But dam, Philbin needs to slow down and not be so hasty. Whomever called down from the box with the challenge recommendation needs to be punished severely :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Have to say the 1string OL looked like they needed alot more work on their running plays. Panthers clogged that front up way to often for my liking and RB usually had nowhere to go......

They also had practices against us and knew our tendencies. If we came in against them without the practices, they would have easier to run against.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 49s49 seconds ago Charlotte, NC
Jamar Taylor says he feels alright. Said it was probably precautionary to keep him out but he will know more tomorrow

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Joe Person ‏@josephperson
Rivera says he would have challenged the call that resulted in MIA fumble had Philbin not done so.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Panthers coach Ron Rivera said defensive end Frank Alexander suffered a torn Achilles. His season is over.

Riveria would have probably thrown the flag before the next play happened because it was clear on the replays that he fumbled.
But dam, Philbin needs to slow down and not be so hasty. Whomever called down from the box with the challenge recommendation needs to be punished severely :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

They also had practices against us and knew our tendencies. If we came in against them without the practices, they would have easier to run against.

Well thats a nice excuse and personally I'm not sold on that as an excuse. Hope I'm wrong and its more a question of the guys gellin together, which would make more sense to me...Have to see how we do with the Falcons, hate to become one demensional and depend to much on RT's arm we will need some real threat on the ground to be successful

I wrote down first 26 offensive plays until just before the second score. I think that was the 28th or 27th play.

Of the first 26 plays, 9 were runs. 2 resulted in offside penalties that we accepted, and both were out of 311 spread. Of remaining 7 runs, 6 were out of 311 spread and 1 out of 221 double te formation that resulted in Williams TD. One of 6-311 runs was RT keeper for 10. The other 5-311 runs went for -2, 4, 2, 8, and 3.

Of the 17 passing plays, three were out of 401, one was out of 221, and 13 out of 311. One of the 13 was a strip for recovery for -3. Another was holding on Fox. The three 401s yielded 0, 7 and 17 yds. The 221 passing play was for 0 yds. The other 11-311 passing plays were for 9,5,-2, 11, 35, 0, 0, 6, 0, 0, 3 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those teams tried to win PRACTICE.

Gutless bunch we bring in every year does this in preseason every time, blow leads and look like garbage at the end. Sick of meltdown losses.

If you were there in 72 why get so riled up about a lousy pre-season game which was lost by backups and 3rd and 4th stringers? I am sure you have seen many pre-season games in some 43 years didn't you?
:bobdole:

I live in TX and my game pass works great. I play it on my iPad mini, iPhone, and MacBook Air it works just fine on all three. From some of the post I have seen here it doesn't work so great in the android devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well thats a nice excuse and personally I'm not sold on that as an excuse. Hope I'm wrong and its more a question of the guys gellin together, which would make more sense to me...Have to see how we do with the Falcons, hate to become one demensional and depend to much on RT's arm we will need some real threat on the ground to be successful

I think we rush the ball quite well. What do you mean?

I'm still confused about the challenge. The Panthers announcers attributed it to Rivera. If Joe did challenge I don't blame him, it gets the O off the field rather than having a goal line type play with lots of players smashing into each other, risking injury.

I don't think there was enough evidence to call it a fumble. Should have stayed with the Dolphins. I don't think any of the angles showed that the ball came loose before it crossed the plane. It was loose before it touched the pylon but the tip of the ball hits the pylon 4 inches past the front edge. It is not clear when the ball crosses the goal line.

[video=youtube;PKbSwUVaBVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=PKbSwUVaBVk[/video]

Back
Top Bottom