Preseason week 4 Gameday thread - aka the least important game of the season | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason week 4 Gameday thread - aka the least important game of the season

Look, I am hardly a Strugis guy and think that Franks has kicked great. I am just making the point that how the staff has handled the competition has been odd. Sturgis has not kicked basically in two weeks. I am not sure what HE has. Franks stepping into an NFL stadium on a Sunday is a big step up from RPI.

I think Franks has kicked well enough to win the job. Period.

If you watched this whole game, you should get an award mailed to you from the Dolphins organization.

I have no idea what is happening at kicker. None.

If it IS Sturgis, the guy has barely kicked the last few weeks. If it is Franks, they are putting a lot of faith in a rookie from a small school. I wonder if they go after a cut from another team.

Very odd how they are splitting the reps.
I think they really like Andrew Franks and they wanted to see more of him. Rizzi and Philbin know what Sturgis offers. I think that it's close and Franks' ability to consistently kick the ball dead on the kickoffs is a plus. I hope they switch to Franks.
Adios Caleb.

Any other FH members sick of watching our 3rd string QBs? I don't want to watch McLeod Bethel Thompson in an aqua jersey again.

Do you get a veteran kicker and keep Franks to kickoff? Seems like a waste of a roster spot, but that could be an idea.

Bubble Keepers:

Hazel, Cristion Jones, Ayaji, Gillislee, Will Davis, Anthony Johnson, AJ Francis.

Biggest disappointment: Lippett and Linebackers.

Biggest failures of the preseason: Backup qb, Lazor inability to drive offense and score, poor turniver margin, penalties.

Biggest conundrum: What to do with Parker? He will take up a rister spot but should be #7 receiver based on contribution.

Folks asking about the K battle. My guess is Caleb Sturgis wins, but Dolphins might use PS spot for Andrew Franks.
@ArmandoSalguero

This is why I drink. How many of you thnk Sturgis nails those 50plus yds the Bucks kicker did tonight?

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm tired of seeing us miss a field goal. We'll certainly be looking. Nobody earns this job by default
7:36 PM - 3 Sep 2015

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm tired of seeing us miss a field goal. We'll certainly be looking. Nobody earns this job by default
7:36 PM - 3 Sep 2015
lol Carpenter was like 1 of 4 the other day

Back
Top Bottom