Preseason week 4 Gameday thread - aka the least important game of the season | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason week 4 Gameday thread - aka the least important game of the season

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1435413726937.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435413726937.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun Alexander was awful at PP and he still did OK. its not ideal but it could still work

"Needs to work on pass protection" doesnt equate to awful, but man, so many think aj is. Boise throws the ball and if he were awful, like some think he is, he wouldnt have been on the field as an every down back. I dont care how well you run if your getting your qb killed your not going to be in the game full time.

Like you said with your shawn alexander comparison, even though AJ wasnt as bad, EVERY college rb in todays nfl has to be coached on nfl pass blocking. I watched all the camp reports everyone else did and no one said a thing about AJ's bad blocking. No coaches complaining about it in press interviews. Non of this would even be talked about had t-bomb not coughed out that comment.

But i'm with you, there are a zillion examples of rb's like alexander who stank at pb but got were fine in the nfl. Some rb's are not asked to pb a whole lot in college and scouts will ding them. Then they get to the nfl and in a afew weeks they are much better.

Not worried about AJ pass blocking. I am more worried they will keep LaMike and that ends up Jay not even suiting up most the year. AJ is the rb future of this team, the big time rb we have needed since rickey.

With AJ and Parker and Tannyhill, we would have our trifecta like the greats have featured, montana/rice/craig....troy/emmit/irvin......manning/harrison/james.......kelley/thomas/reed....warner/falk/bruce, etc...... . I want him getting every rep he can get so he can take the starting job. The team is dedicated to miller so it probably wont be this year, but i dont want there to be any question of him being the starter next year if miller doesnt get his big contract.

Run off lamike, find a cut so jones can stay and be the kr/pr and ajayi can get the reps.

Ummm....you're recommending we cut our first round draft choice because he hasn't seen the field much?? OMG...you DO know he's coming off an injury right? Have you followed ANY of the preseason and his progress? Perhaps you should brush up on that before you make such statements!!

LMAO...

I see your sarcasm meter failed you.

Tisk, tisk.

Edit: Wait, you were being sarcastic too? Tisk tisk to me then :lol:

What were Jay Ajayi's final stats?

[video=youtube;P7dKElIkKhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=P7dKElIkKhs[/video]

Back
Top Bottom