Prespective, Makes you think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prespective, Makes you think

That's along the same lines I've been saying about how there's no guaranteed formula for winning a SB. The past 4 years have shown that UP FRONT.

That's ALSO why I think we're very close, because we're consistently throwing up decent records year to year...we just haven't figured out the right chemistry that will work for the DOLPHINS yet.

I've also noted that I'd like to see our coaching staff try and devise a game plan around our players best talents (i.e. stop trying to make Fiedler throw the deep ball ... because its PAINFULLY obvious he can't). THIS is what I think Carolina and the Pats have BOTH done well this year....especially the Pats. Manning's play in NE today was an example of trying what you normally do, thinking it will blindly work again. I don't think the Colts made as many adjustments as they should have. And at the same time, Bilichick's game plan was, yet again, pretty much on the money. HE GETS THE MOST OUT OF HIS ROLE PLAYERS.

Sure....I'd like to see some blockbuster pickups in the draft and FA. I'm sure that can only help to bolster the team, but I STILL say the coaching staff needs to do a much better job at scheming to the players' talents (and it wouldn't hurt if the guys that have shown what they can do can continue to DO it).

Well the Panthers oline is about 3xs better than ours.

Our team doesn't exactly have role players. Most of our guys are all the time players. I guess you could consider Buckley/Greenwood role players on D & Donald Lee one on offense but he doesn't see the field much.

That's why I am excited this year. Dolphins are looking at pass rushing DTs in the mid rounds for 3rd down situations. Eddie Moore can play MLB as he is a good cover LB that can help us when we are ahead.

Pass rushing DT's, I won't some mean OL who will kick butt up front...our D is good enough to keep up in the game as long as our O so something to help...like score.

We are talking mid rounds buddy. Wrong our D is not dominant. I say two picks O(1st and 3rd rounder). One big signing O FA. Every other pick D.

We need probably one pass rushing DT like a Lewis Kelly. One MLB that can take a bit of pounding off of Zach. A CB/S. And a DE.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Pass rushing DT's, I won't some mean OL who will kick butt up front...our D is good enough to keep up in the game as long as our O so something to help...like score.

Ya those looooong....clock-raping drives do a LOT for a D. Pushes the other team out of character ;).

Originally posted by Jaj
We are talking mid rounds buddy. Wrong our D is not dominant. I say two picks O(1st and 3rd rounder). One big signing O FA. Every other pick D.

We need probably one pass rushing DT like a Lewis Kelly. One MLB that can take a bit of pounding off of Zach. A CB/S. And a DE.

I thought that's why we got Zgonia, to pass rush from the DT area, and he didn't do so badly. Priority to me on the lines is O..D 2nd...we need to spend some money on O..to balance this team some.

Back
Top Bottom