Press Conference At 4pm To Introduce Brian Flores | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Press Conference At 4pm To Introduce Brian Flores

I actually thought he did much better than I expected. Maybe because my expectations were low, but he came across as genuine and confident. Ya, he’s not giving you much to make you jump out of your chair, but he also wasn’t a twitchy flop that seemed completely out of his league either. He did fine for his first press conference.
Plus- can you imagine how tired dude is? What a whirlwind lol.

Yea agreed he did well. He's never been in that position so he did well considering and I won't judge him on that moment at all.
You also have to consider: the guy just won a Superbowl last night. :lol:
You win a Super Bowl, have a short night, whisked to South Florida, handed around and then your introductory PC.
That is a 24-hour whirlwind day. :nah:

Jesus some people are such haters it’s funny. The guy came off as well spoken, positive outlook on life, great success story from where he has come from, and has some great values on how he said he wants to build the team. Some of you want a coach to come out here screaming guaranteeing a Super Bowl looking like a clown. Idk what more you could have wanted from a first press conference but since nothing jumped out for you to criticize you had to point out how much he said “um”. Have you ever spoken in public?

Anyways I’m extremely excited to have him here. Let’s see what he can do.
Dude, take it easy. This team hasn't won in 45 freaking years. You're telling me I can't have a little fun with this?
Just because I made fun of him doesn't mean I'm hater. It means I'm trying to have some fun.
I really don't care how he speaks as long as he gets the job done.

His background speaks tough.

Grew up in Brownsville, played LB at Boston College and spent his entire 15 year career with the most successful sports organization of the last 15 years.

The resume is as epic as they come.

Are we really overanalyzing his speech habits at this initial presser? Come on. The man has to be delirious and extremely humbled. His wife and 3 kids were there, he just won the Super Bowl the day before . . . .hell We all know he needs to get to work . . . .but we waited this long we could of given him another day or 2. Hopefully he gets that to settle in and come back down from the mountian he is on.

I think this was a really good hire and fit . . . .that doesn’t guarantee success but Kudos to Grier for really nabbing a guy who you hope rubs off on the team he is coaching.

Im just glad he doesn't honk like a goose. I couldn't, the previous one.

He really should have taken a couple days of vacation, he’s got a hell of a head ache coming w/ this franchise :lol:

Here’s to the next generation of the Phins. I’m optimistic about Flores to this point
That would have been terrible optics.

I hope he sees it as a challenge, and is chomping at the bit to get started.

Aggressive alpha types don't look at it as a headache. Maybe in a couple years, he will though.

all we can do is hope we made the right choice this time...just like weve hoped every other time...

at some point weve got to get lucky tho right?

i mean we cant find a coach, an above average qb or draft any type of legit star player in the 1st round in 20 years.

This team has been dysfunctional for so long im torn on how to feel. I always want to give the guy a chance, i did with Philbin, i did with Gase. Just like i did with a bunch before them too. Then on the other hand, you have tons of different people making bad decisions for a long time. Its not like weve had the same people picking wrong coaches or not finding a qb or giving out bad contracts for the last 20 years. It seems like no matter who is making decisions in this organization they make the wrong ones continually.

Im gonna give Brian Flores a chance but im not gonna get my hopes up, the most likely scenario is we have this same thread with a different name in 3 or 4 years and the dolphins still teeter around .500.

As long as we're FINALLY finished with the Tannehill/Philbin/Gase experiment, I'm content..... for now.

Definitely personable and you can tell he knows what he's talking about. Good intro presser.

Hope he's up to the monumental task of resurrecting this franchise.

Hey, here's hoping Flores is as successful as that Old Spice guy (Terrry Crews) as @mrbunglez and @finomenal have pointed out Flores resembles.

It's going to be hard, but let's not rush to judgement if we succeed in our short term goal of tanking. Remember, like the 76'ers always say … "trust the process."

I like what he says. He has a great resume. He remembers where he came from. Very humble. Seems well thought out. I'm encouraged.

I do find it funny that Grier pointed out he and B Flo didn't really have much of a relationship beyond casual acquaintances. Puts the nepotism talk to bed.

I like what he says. He has a great resume. He remembers where he came from. Very humble. Seems well thought out. I'm encouraged.

I do find it funny that Grier pointed out he and B Flo didn't really have much of a relationship beyond casual acquaintances. Puts the nepotism talk to bed.
It was never really reported any other way. People here declared they are friends.

Back
Top Bottom