Press Conference At 4pm To Introduce Brian Flores | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Press Conference At 4pm To Introduce Brian Flores

I like what he says. He has a great resume. He remembers where he came from. Very humble. Seems well thought out. I'm encouraged.

I do find it funny that Grier pointed out he and B Flo didn't really have much of a relationship beyond casual acquaintances. Puts the nepotism talk to bed.

Even if that was the case, it would be par for the course. Teams do it all the time.

Meeting at an owners meeting and having had contact before doesn't make them friends but simply acquaintances.

“The Dolphins [interview] was different in that I’ve known Chris for a long time,” Flores said. “We met in scouting games way back when. I have a lot of respect for him. He’s someone I call a friend. That was good and obviously Steve Ross was great to meet.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article225404210.html#storylink=cpy

“The Dolphins [interview] was different in that I’ve known Chris for a long time,” Flores said. “We met in scouting games way back when. I have a lot of respect for him. He’s someone I call a friend. That was good and obviously Steve Ross was great to meet.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article225404210.html#storylink=cpy

there is a big difference between knowing someone and sitting down and talking business with them, in my opinion

I do have business associates I call "friends" but they are not friends in the sense of personal friends. They are friends in a business sense. People I have done successful business with many times and collaborated many times with. I even talk with them on the phone about football and stuff.
But in the business world and private world friends have different meanings. My business friends are not my buddies I hang out with for dinners with family, vacations and/or getaways.

On FH the relationship between Grier and Flores was made into a buddy-type relationship. I actually think a couple people said "Grier hired his buddy".

all we can do is hope we made the right choice this time...just like weve hoped every other time...
Hope is not a plan of action.
at some point weve got to get lucky tho right?
No, actually we don't. Luck is made by those who make it for themselves. The Dolphins will need a full culture transplant before they start to become "lucky" again.

Im gonna give Brian Flores a chance but im not gonna get my hopes up, the most likely scenario is we have this same thread with a different name in 3 or 4 years and the dolphins still teeter around .500.
My expectation exactly. Willing to give him a chance, hope for the best, but expect the worst. These are the Dolphins, after all.

I loved that it bothered Grier enough that he thought he had to address it in his introductory statement. :D

Back
Top Bottom