Pressure Being Placed on The Commissioner...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pressure Being Placed on The Commissioner......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
To Postpone or Push Back the NFL Draft. This Pandemic knows no boundaries.......

I can see it happening. Everything else globally is being pushed back. I cant really see doing it by video link working.

It used to be 28 dudes in a hotel conference room answering old school telephone calls from the FO headquarters.

Of course it can work. It doesn’t have to be complicated.
I guess you bet on the date? There is a nation wide pandemic. Did you not get the memo?

Don't see why it has to be delayed. I'm sure the NFL wants this all to blow over so when the draft comes they can make more $ via foot traffic and tickets. But if need be, no event and GMs/whoever call in the picks. They'll still get tons of viewers on TV

It doesn’t matter to me when the draft happens. It is unlikely they will be able to bring the players in or have any type of practice for several more months. So if they want to wait until sometimes in the summer to hold the draft, I’m okay with that.

Gimme a break. These franchises have had plenty of time to figure things out. They get too much time as it is.

I hope the commish doesn’t bow to the pressure.
Typical of the GMs to whine about needing more preparation time. This way here, when more than half of the first round picks bust they will blame not having enough information because of the pandemic as the reason when the truth is the bust rate will be the same regardless of their prep time. Actually, they might have a better success rate with less information. Most of the time these guys overthink the situation. There are guys on this site alone that have 1/10th the information these GMs do and they have a better track record of predicting prospect's success than half of the actual GMs.

No reason not to have the draft...

It could be computerized, animated, conference call, whatever else tech there is available in 2020.

Don't see why it has to be delayed. I'm sure the NFL wants this all to blow over so when the draft comes they can make more $ via foot traffic and tickets. But if need be, no event and GMs/whoever call in the picks. They'll still get tons of viewers on TV
there is a stay at home order. are they supposed to do from their home in their underwear?

there is a stay at home order. are they supposed to do from their home in their underwear?
Did we institute Marshall law, and I missed it?

Yes, there are a few places, like NYC, and the NW coastal cities, but it is not nation wide.

And yes, there is no reason the draft can't be done remotely, and in their underwear, if that's how they roll.

Back
Top Bottom