Pressure Being Placed on The Commissioner...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pressure Being Placed on The Commissioner......

If they do it right it could be the most watched draft in history. America is Jonesing for a distraction. Do it, do it right...and sell million dollar ad space.
Absolute everyone will be happy.

The NFL Draft is the elixir this country needs right now.

Find a way.....please god find a way.

No **** that a bunch of guys who are going to be judged on how they perform in the draft don’t want to go into it with anything less than as much info and preparation as they would normally have. It’s self-preservation. Delay the draft and then someone else will be complaining there isn’t enough time between the draft and the OTAs, delay those and someone will say it isn’t fair that they have less time after that to make decisions on June roster cuts, push they back and someone will claim that the lack of time between that and the preseason, or that and the regular season, somehow has a negative impact on their job.

All teams and GMs are in the same boat, just get the **** on with it.

Someone start writing a country song, please: three first rounders and nowhere to draft.

Odds are it’ll get pushed back. :bang:

It's a non essential business, shut it down. No need to risk a single employee from catching the virus.

The facilities have already been shut down, they are simply being asked to work from home (unlike many workers, no doubt at full pay) like countless other businesses

I don;t see the great risk involved in watching draft prospects at home. If my Mum can go out everyday to work in a store and my fiancee can work in a hospital ward, Chris Grier can watch a video of Tua in his kitchen

It'll most probably be done via teleconference. In some shape or form. If all of the News Media has televised via teleconference so can the NFL without putting anyone in harm's way. For instance, each Franchise could have a team teleconference going on and then appear on TV once the pick is made, while split screens, could show team reps, NFL reps and tv talking heads. It's possible to be done. Goodell seems intent on getting it done.

This is dumb. Free agency managed to happen just fine because we still have working telephones. Just because there's not a crowd to boo Goodell or first rounders hanging out in the green room doesn't mean the draft is incapable of handling other logistics.

It's a non essential business, shut it down. No need to risk a single employee from catching the virus.

Just because it's not essential doesn't mean you have to shut it down. There are plenty of businesses that aren't considered essential that can still remain open and have the staff work remotely. If the NFL can figure out a way to safely hold the draft, they should.

There is no reason to push it back at all. In fact in these times where folks need something else to focus on, it's one of the only sporting events that can take place, I think it's important for that sake as much as anything else.

Don't see why it has to be delayed. I'm sure the NFL wants this all to blow over so when the draft comes they can make more $ via foot traffic and tickets. But if need be, no event and GMs/whoever call in the picks. They'll still get tons of viewers on TV
I would Be disappointed ( tho not surprised) if Goodall made it pay for view.

If I can do my fantasy draft from my computer, tablet or phone from wherever I want, they can draft using the same technology. :)

Not being contrarian, just delivering some additional info: The GMs unanimously voted to push it back primarily because they feel they do not now have time for their teams to do proper medical assessments on prospects with the corona lockdown. You can bet Grier is one of the loudest voices to push this back as the Dolphins have the most picks in this draft and thus the most to lose if they pick guys who have unreported medical issues.

Not saying I want them to push it back, because this lead up to the draft is too long as it is, but I understand teams freaking out right now that their appointed times to do due diligence are suddenly gone and they have to guess way more than normal.

Back
Top Bottom