Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Williams comes down to Earth in the 2nd preseason game. But that TD catch were he steps out of bounds would have been amazing if he would have kept that toe in bounds.

AR-190817876.jpg

No Dolphins receiver was targeted more than rookie Preston Williams in Friday’s preseason loss at the Bucs.

But Williams’ six targets resulted in only one catch for seven yards. Williams had two drops and failed to haul in another ball that might have been caught.

“It was challenging,” Williams said. “You have your good days, your bad days. It was pretty neutral. I have to correct it and go back to work.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...williams-addresses-challenging-preseason-game

Nothing wrong with being humbled a bit after not having a good performance.

The crazy thing is, despite the drops he still looked explosive. You just don’t see guys his size, that can actually get seperation, go undrafted.

If he keeps clean off the field, and stays healthy, he has a great chance of being an alpha receiver in the NFL.

Williams comes down to Earth in the 2nd preseason game. But that TD catch were he steps out of bounds would have been amazing if he would have kept that toe in bounds.

AR-190817876.jpg

No Dolphins receiver was targeted more than rookie Preston Williams in Friday’s preseason loss at the Bucs.

But Williams’ six targets resulted in only one catch for seven yards. Williams had two drops and failed to haul in another ball that might have been caught.

“It was challenging,” Williams said. “You have your good days, your bad days. It was pretty neutral. I have to correct it and go back to work.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...williams-addresses-challenging-preseason-game

He goes up, shows good body control, makes a tough catch, and is out of bounds by inches and the complaint is he was out of bounds? I'll take that over most Miami receivers. No, he didn't have a top game, but focusing on that catch is a little picky

He goes up, shows good body control, makes a tough catch, and is out of bounds by inches and the complaint is he was out of bounds? I'll take that over most Miami receivers. No, he didn't have a top game, but focusing on that catch is a little picky

The saddest part is that he actually came down with both feet in bounds on that sick catch. It was ruled no catch because his toe touched the sideline before the catch...so he was out of bounds and came back in bounds to make the catch. Should have been a highlight-reel TD catch if not for the tip of his toe before the catch.

I'm not worry about him at this point. Yes he had those drops and needs to correct that but I think he's on target. Maybe not having a good game last night will be good for him in the long run.

One game where the O-line couldn’t pass block doesn’t define a receiver...we have real issues on this O-line.

Maybe your taking my statement out of context? I was saying that was an amazing catch despite of the toe.

One game where the O-line couldn’t pass block doesn’t define a receiver...we have real issues on this O-line.

The starting line was miles ahead of that trash from last week.

They pulled Kilgore, then Tunsil, then Davis and the struggles started and continued.

Maybe your taking my statement out of context? I was saying that was an amazing catch despite of the toe.

Wasn't singling you out. A few posts/articles have noted that catch as one of the 'failures' in a bad night. Yes, an amazing catch. Leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom