Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game

The hype after game 1 was understandable, but entirely to much.

He's got talent, but he's not a superstar either, great talent doesn't go undrafted even with "off the field issues"

Great talent gets drafted no matter.

Using a guy this big as a punt returner seems like a bizarre choice. I like the sawed off, shifty guys at punt returner. Maybe they just like his reliable hands back there. Maybe he’s a guy you use when you’re backed up returning a punt because he won’t turn over a gift to the other side.

As for receiver, as stated many times, receiver is a tough position to come in as a rookie and dominate. Unlike running back where athleticism and instinct can pull you through right away, receiver is much more of a craft.

I don’t think the test is whether he catches 65 balls for 1000 yards and seven TDS. I think it’s about whether he develops and shows promise so he can turn it on in future years.

Let's not forget Antonio Cromartie for the Jets a few years ago. He seemed to do pretty well as i recall.

I think if you put josh Gordon back there for instance as a returner despite his size you would see how fluid and twitchy he is.
That "twitch" is what separates the great from the good returners. Lot's of fast returners, it's the quick reaction that makes the difference.

He's got talent, but he's not a superstar either, great talent doesn't go undrafted even with "off the field issues"

Can't proclaim him a superstar or non-superstar at this point. He hasn't played a game yet although he has shown flashes of above-average ability. Doesn't make him a superstar yet, time will tell and all the questions will be answered one way or the other...

I like Preston Williams and I sincerely hope he works out, but I know the difference between actual humility and faux-humility, and his statements strike me as more the latter than the former.

Describing a night where people are saying he dropped 3 balls and then stepped out of bounds on another would-be touchdown as "neutral" is not really as humble as it was dressed up to be.

He was trying to communicate that there was something else going on, a reason those catches were harder than they should have been. Saying, "they were catchable, I've made those catches before" is reiterating that they were harder, though doable, for some reason.

But he's a wide receiver, and wide receivers are often built this way.

Spoken like a true....Lol!

I like Preston Williams and I sincerely hope he works out, but I know the difference between actual humility and faux-humility, and his statements strike me as more the latter than the former.

Describing a night where people are saying he dropped 3 balls and then stepped out of bounds on another would-be touchdown as "neutral" is not really as humble as it was dressed up to be.

He was trying to communicate that there was something else going on, a reason those catches were harder than they should have been. Saying, "they were catchable, I've made those catches before" is reiterating that they were harder, though doable, for some reason.

But he's a wide receiver, and wide receivers are often built this way.

There was good coverage on two of them. I dont think he was trying to stir up the pot

Where MUST you be drafted to make sure you become a superstar then?

When did I say he couldn't be a superstar....

His odds are against him, he had an absolute terrible performance after a great performance. This week will be telling of who he can be.

Spoken like a true....Lol!

Spoken like someone whose studied the draft for a long time.

Preston Williams' is not a lock for super stardom because he went off against backups against Atlanta, just like he's not gonna be a scrub because he had a bad game against Tampa.

Great talent doesn't go undrafted, they get picked somewhere in the draft.

Can't proclaim him a superstar or non-superstar at this point. He hasn't played a game yet although he has shown flashes of above-average ability. Doesn't make him a superstar yet, time will tell and all the questions will be answered one way or the other...

That's all I'm trying to get across. This place was going into full blown meltdown over his game 1. Game 2 he fell back to earth really quick.

His overall ability is somewhere in the middle.

Game 3 will be telling.

Back
Top Bottom