Preston Williams Continues To Shine! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Continues To Shine!

Thanks for the post CK, great stuff

Any chance we pickup an offense lineman when teams make there cut to 53, any vet about to lose his job?...

Also think there is chance we sell Stills and could we get a 3rd round pick for him with the money he is making, are the optics of moving him now making it unrealistic, Preston Williams would sure look good starting the 1st game, is that even realistic. We have some good luck finding these receivers...it would be nice to keep both Williams and Irwin on the active roster.

I do think they could be active on waivers, yeah.

If you could see these practices, you'd see how much pure rotation they're doing at WR even while the "1st string" are in the game. It's pretty impressive. I could believe they plan on using all five of the ones that make roster, with different packages coming on the field for different play types.

There's one package they used several times on 1st string where Preston Williams and Brice Butler came in together as the 2 WRs in 2-WR personnel. I don't know if Brice will be ultimately be the guy there, but they had to be thinking about Preston and Devante being together when they did that.

That could be one of the reasons they're leaning toward Fitzpatrick. He's a veteran and he's an Einstein. He can keep track of everything. And he also loves big tall receivers.

Teams are worried Williams will turn into the next Josh Gordon or Kareem Hunt. Talent was not the issue.

People say this a lot but it's not true. After his Pro Day, talent definitely became a big question for him. They knew the tape looked good. But he played in the MWAC, was a one-year wonder, couldn't cut it at Tennessee, and had a really poor pro day.

Prior to his Pro Day, you had guys like Daniel Jeremiah saying I don't know if there's a more talented WR in the draft, and Mel Kiper trying to sneak Preston Williams into the 1st round. Then Preston got frozen out of the Combine, and had a really challenging Pro Day. All that talk went to silence. People, including NFL people, legit thought twice about whether he's actually talented or not.

Hell you had guys on Draft Network and Locked On Dolphins openly saying that he was stiff as a board, couldn't get off the line, bad into and out of his breaks, etc. They were still saying that a few months ago.

Preston Williams and Chad OchoCinco have a lot in common from a personality standpoint, both good and bad.

They make an excellent comparison in several ways, IMO.

I already think the Dolphins hit the lotto with the Williams pick he looks like a top 20 pick skill wise, his height and ability to move like a smaller receiver, physicality make him unique. We spent a 1st round pick 14 on Parker and Williams looks even better now than Parker did when he came out. Williams as a rookie is already the best receiver on this team even if he doesn't have the in game experience of Parker or Stills he is just blessed with physical traits they don't possess. He is a starter and WR1 the piece we have been missing.

I'm still holding out hope for Parker, hoping he has matured enough and toughened his body to the rigors of the NFL, I personal see Parker as the 2nd most talented receiver on the team, I've followed your twitter account long enough to know you don't feel exactly as I do. His 5 mil a year contract buy's him this year to prove he belongs.

Stills ability to take the top off a defense has little value this year with the offensive line we have, very likeable guy IMO but his contract and trade value have me thinking is it better to get a 3rd round pick and save the 9.75 mil price tag he has this year of course their has to be a market. He is the only player with any real trade value and he doesn't posses enough talent to force Butler 800k - Ford 570k off the roster taking the price per play into account. Is Stills 9 mill better than Butler or Ford?

Jakeem Grant elite 4.2 speed kickoff and punt return duties keep him safe, be nice to get even more product out of him.

Albert Wilson is the slot receiver, showed up nicely last year made some big play's - injury is concerning even if everyone is saying he will be ready for the start of the year, can he make it thru the year is the big concern.

Isaiah Ford - Brice Butler - Trenton Irwin - fighting for last spot on the 53 if Stills isn't traded, Ford has 1 year left of practice squad availability, Irwin has 2. With some teams looking for receivers there is no guarantee Ford or Irwin make it to the practice squad.

UDFA Trenton Irwin - may have more value to this team than both Butler and Ford, from what understand he is a slot receiver who is very quick in the mold of some of the New England players, if this is true his ability to back up Albert Wilson in the slot could be the key to him making it on the 53, hope we get to see a ton of him the next 3 preseason games.

Is it possible 2 UDFA make the 53 on what is perceived the strongest position on the team - I'm blindly giving Marvin Allen all the credit, hey Marvin were are the offensive linemen.

More than likely gone - Blacknail, Horn, Hurns

Of course I'm just a dude sitting at his desktop computer rummaging thru Dolphins tweets and reporter articles to come up with all my conclusions - what the hell do I know...

I already think the Dolphins hit the lotto with the Williams pick he looks like a top 20 pick skill wise, his height and ability to move like a smaller receiver, physicality make him unique. We spent a 1st round pick 14 on Parker and Williams looks even better now than Parker did when he came out. Williams as a rookie is already the best receiver on this team even if he doesn't have the in game experience of Parker or Stills he is just blessed with physical traits they don't possess. He is a starter and WR1 the piece we have been missing.

I'm still holding out hope for Parker, hoping he has matured enough and toughened his body to the rigors of the NFL, I personal see Parker as the 2nd most talented receiver on the team, I've followed your twitter account long enough to know you don't feel exactly as I do. His 5 mil a year contract buy's him this year to prove he belongs.

Stills ability to take the top off a defense has little value this year with the offensive line we have, very likeable guy IMO but his contract and trade value have me thinking is it better to get a 3rd round pick and save the 9.75 mil price tag he has this year of course their has to be a market. He is the only player with any real trade value and he doesn't posses enough talent to force Butler 800k - Ford 570k off the roster taking the price per play into account. Is Stills 9 mill better than Butler or Ford?

Jakeem Grant elite 4.2 speed kickoff and punt return duties keep him safe, be nice to get even more product out of him.

Albert Wilson is the slot receiver, showed up nicely last year made some big play's - injury is concerning even if everyone is saying he will be ready for the start of the year, can he make it thru the year is the big concern.

Isaiah Ford - Brice Butler - Trenton Irwin - fighting for last spot on the 53 if Stills isn't traded, Ford has 1 year left of practice squad availability, Irwin has 2. With some teams looking for receivers there is no guarantee Ford or Irwin make it to the practice squad.

UDFA Trenton Irwin - may have more value to this team than both Butler and Ford, from what understand he is a slot receiver who is very quick in the mold of some of the New England players, if this is true his ability to back up Albert Wilson in the slot could be the key to him making it on the 53, hope we get to see a ton of him the next 3 preseason games.

Is it possible 2 UDFA make the 53 on what is perceived the strongest position on the team - I'm blindly giving Marvin Allen all the credit, hey Marvin were are the offensive linemen.

Of course I'm just a dude sitting at his desktop computer rummaging thru Dolphins tweets and reporter articles to come up with all my conclusions - what the hell do I know...
I'm with you. All excellent points who've made. I like what both Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie bring to this F/O. But am disappointed in what seems to be going on with the Offensive Line. It's absolutely scary.

It's quite possible we have 3 turnstiles on the offensive line...fricken scary

We use to complain when we had 1

2 rookie guards 1 turnstile a peace
center 1/4
RT 3/4
= 3 Turnstiles

Last edited:

Nice write up here. We could be surprised as to who they keep. I give Flores and company props for giving everyone a chance to play. Tonight's game and next week will tell a lot of course and I won't be shock if we trade a WR away. Not saying it's going to happen but wouldn't surprise me.

I'm excited to see what Preston does. Before last weeks game I heard how he flashed in training camp and practice but against the Falcons wow he jumped off the tv like crazy. There is no way he isn't on the 53 man roster. Practice squad and he's gone. He's flashing the type of talent I'd expect Parker to show as a first round draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom