Preston Williams Has A Learning Mindset | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Has A Learning Mindset

True... But this guy had the hype and performance last year... even against good corners like the Florida game.

He comes into this with a certain amount of hype... tempered by his off the field issues.

If he has his screwed on it could be good!

He's an athletic guy, no doubt about that, but he has pretty poor hands and sucks as a route runner. Hi hype, was as a late day three pick. He was a volume receiver.

My point was people get this idea in their head and they forget there is a reason the guy dropped out of the first 7 rounds...there were 28 WRs drafted and he was seen as below all of them.

Lance Zierlin had him in round 5, far from a meaningful player.

He's got talent, but nothing to scream about. Doubt he will .

I see reasons for optimism, but I agree. He’s not some elite tier receiver that fell through the cracks and we lucked in to.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him make the team, I believe some may be sipping the juice jusssst a little much w/ this guy

If he does turn into a productive starting wide out, we all win

He's an athletic guy, no doubt about that, but he has pretty poor hands and sucks as a route runner. Hi hype, was as a late day three pick. He was a volume receiver.

My point was people get this idea in their head and they forget there is a reason the guy dropped out of the first 7 rounds...there were 28 WRs drafted and he was seen as below all of them.

I respect your opinion and I assume you've watched a lot of tape on this dude but
in this case I have seen zero evidence to support your claim "poor hands" and
"sucks as a route runner."

I think his pro day more than anything dropped him -- obviously compounded by
his (supposed) "character issues." From my perspective -- I could care less what his
40 time vertical eyeball twitch factor is -- I see a kid that makes plays and via his
interviews I think he gets "it" at this point in his life.

Beyond that -- I'm giving myself the luxury of being totally optimistic about the kids
upside and what he can bring to the field.

Everybody here gets it -- he wasn't drafted and there are reasons for that -- however
that fact does NOT preclude the possibility he will demonstrate some of the (IMO) impressive
attributes he showed in his 1 season to shine...

I think the kid is hungry. And I think he's out to prove a big sharp jagged point!

Perhaps it will prove laughable but I'm as excited about his potential as I am for any
player we drafted.

Have fun!

Drink more tequila!

BNF

Every year there is a guy picked on day 3 or is an UDFA that lots of folks get real excited about on the forums. I can't remember the names because none of them made the team, but it happens every year.

Brandon London was a guy that I remember.

Also, Isaiah Ford was expected to push for playing time last year.

Bess was awful.

That's a biiiiiiig stretch.

He averaged 667 yards per season during his time in Miami.

Awful is Leonte Carroo, who was drafted in the mid rounds and barely saw the field.

Bess as a UDFA, to turn into a receiver that was reliable in the slot was certainly not awful.

This dude did not want to talk to the media and I don't really blame him.

I assume he knows what he has to do to make this team. He's lost a lot of money already based on mistakes he made in college. Hopefully he has someone in his ear that can offer some guidance and keep him on a path that's both beneficial for himself and the team.

That's a biiiiiiig stretch.

He averaged 667 yards per season during his time in Miami.

Awful is Leonte Carroo, who was drafted in the mid rounds and barely saw the field.

Bess as a UDFA, to turn into a receiver that was reliable in the slot was certainly not awful.

Waste of a roster spot. This board has a problem hyping up players who aren't worth the time of day. Never changed the outcome of the team during a game. Never was a fan.

Waste of a roster spot. This board has a problem hyping up players who aren't worth the time of day. Never changed the outcome of the team during a game. Never was a fan.

You don't get 700 and 800 yards in a season by accident and by being a waste of a roster spot

This dude did not want to talk to the media and I don't really blame him.

I assume he knows what he has to do to make this team. He's lost a lot of money already based on mistakes he made in college. Hopefully he has someone in his ear that can offer some guidance and keep him on a path that's both beneficial for himself and the team.

Yeah because he is a shitty human.

I think awsi is onto something with the 5 star athlete stuff. Preston was a 5 star recruit out of high school. The kid has undeniable talent

Title should read, "Preston Williams is 'just workin'.'"

I think awsi is onto something with the 5 star athlete stuff. Preston was a 5 star recruit out of high school. The kid has undeniable talent

was a 4* on most.

I'm not saying he's an untalented bum, but talent on takes you so far.

I don’t agree with your evaluation... this was a Tennessee receiver that only ended up at Colorado ST due to off-field reasons... he tore it up last year against some big time opposition... you are grossly underestimating his ability.

Back
Top Bottom