Preston Williams missed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams missed

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know Williams had a few drops, but he is absolutely missed. The guy has a very quick step and can beat coverage almost immediately. He also took pressure and double teams off of Parker. He is closer to a number one than Parker is, in my opinion. Parker is more of a possession guy you can throw it up to in one on one situations. You could also do that with Williams, so it helped to have both of them. Now that that is gone, teams can double team Parker. We need another receiver like that!

I know Williams had a few drops, but he is absolutely missed. The guy has a very quick step and can beat coverage almost immediately. He also took pressure and double teams off of Parker. He is closer to a number one than Parker is, in my opinion. Parker is more of a possession guy you can throw it up to in one on one situations. You could also do that with Williams, so it helped to have both of them. Now that that is gone, teams can double team Parker. We need another receiver like that!
Yeah, I’m gonna have to say a BIG NO. Drops way more than a few passes and also disappears games at a time
Nowhere close to a number one
Haha

Has he been ruled out for the season? I know he was placed on ir but that means 3 games minimum. I haven’t heard the team say he’s done for the year

Has he been ruled out for the season? I know he was placed on ir but that means 3 games minimum. I haven’t heard the team say he’s done for the year
Jackson reported he was probably out for the season but then others said team has not confirmed it. He would be eligible for Cincy I believe.

I think Gaskin is eligible for the Jets, let’s see if we get him back.

Also I think we need to play Callaway. He’s the only other real NFL WR on the team. I don’t like Grant’s size and catch radius, Perry is gadget, Bowden can’t even get active with this group and Hollins looks like he lacks awareness.

I dont know why everyone hates P. Williams on here. He is definitely missed.
He is. Tua was developing some chemistry with him in that Arizona game. Our offense hasn’t been the same since he was injured. Teams know to double Parker and there is not much else to beat you.

I dont know why everyone hates P. Williams on here. He is definitely missed.

Because just like you see how these fans react after a loss, as soon as he drops a pass(and he has dropped too many passes), then fans yell overrated and think hes not good. Preston Williams needs to catch the ball better, but he is 100% a dude and severely missed with a lack of WRs.

Use your draft capital and go get a legit ready made NFL WR. Ala the Bills and AZ Model. It slides everyone of your other WRs in the spots they should be holding. There will be some for Sale this offseason.

Julio Jones - 31 probably not the Right WR in terms of Age. But likely will be for sale (I would stay away), but likely would also be a bit cheaper.
Michael Thomas - 27 - fits the right age area to make this move. There is something going on with him and the Saints and Saints being about 100M over cap something has to happen with him. I think he gets moved.
Mike Evans - 27 - fits the right area in age. Also something is not working with him and Tawmy. I think he will be available in the offseason.

Dark Horse WR1(maybe this part is debatable) that could become available Marquise Brown - 23, something is going on with him in Baltimore, though I am NOT sure if he is a true WR1

Go get a legit WR with some of that capital instead of waiting on a Rookie.

Last edited:
Because just like you see how these fans react after a loss, as soon as he drops a pass(and he has dropped too many passes), then fans yell overrated and think hes not good. Preston Williams needs to catch the ball better, but he is 100% a dude and severely missed with a lack of WRs.
Because we can do so much better than him
If you have no speed you need to at least catch the ball

Use your draft capital and go get a legit ready made NFL WR. Ala the Bills and AZ Model. It slides everyone of your other WRs in the spots they should be holding. There will be some for Sale this offseason.

Julio Jones - 31 probably not the Right WR in terms of Age. But likely will be for sale (I would stay away), but likely would also be a bit cheaper.
Michael Thomas - 27 - fits the right age area to make this move. There is something going on with him and the Saints and Saints being about 100M over cap something has to happen with him. I think he gets moved.
Mike Evans - 27 - fits the right area in age. Also something is not working with him and Tawmy. I think he will be available in the offseason.

Go get a legit WR with some of that capital instead of waiting on a Rookie.
Very good point. It has certainly helped out Allen and Murray this offseason substantially.

In regards to this list, Michael Thomas would be a very interesting option...

Very good point. It has certainly helped out Allen and Murray this offseason substantially.

In regards to this list, Michael Thomas would be a very interesting option...
The only thing with Michael Thomas is how much of that is Drew Brees….ala Jimmy Graham and several others? He seems to have an attitude as well.

Preston Williams is a decent 3rd or 4th WR on most teams in the NFL. Unfortunately the Dolphins just don’t have much at the WR position once you get past Parker. They have a lot of 4th or 5th type WR’s now on the roster who just don’t create any separation when running their routes. It is this lack of talent at the WR position which actually makes Williams appear to be better than he is with the Dolphins.

I think the loss of Hurns and Wilson prior to the season when both of them opted out because of the virus was actually more of a loss in the passing game than the loss of Williams. To me Williams is just too inconsistent and drops too many very catchable balls. I would love to see the Dolphins draft another top tier WR to play opposite Parker. This would allow Williams to be a 3rd or 4th WR on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom