Preston Williams missed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams missed

The way I see it.

DeVante Parker is a WR2
Albert Wilson is a serviceable slot
Preston Williams is a WR 3 at best.

The Rest are JAGs
Disagree with Parker. I think he's a WR1, but that doesn't exactly make him as good as Diggs, Hopkins, Adams, Thomas etc.

The rest I agree with. Team desperately needs playmakers.

Disagree with Parker. I think he's a WR1, but that doesn't exactly make him as good as Diggs, Hopkins, Adams, Thomas etc.

The rest I agree with. Team desperately needs playmakers.
It is the same John Brown argument with Parker. Brown was Fine as a WR1 in Buffalo, but putting him back to where he really belongs a WR2 (call them a WR1b if you want) and getting a legit WR1 will improve Parkers Game, and Wilsons (once Back)

Williams was not missed. He and DVP are the same, only DVP is a bit better. Williams had never commanded double team and take the load off DVP. There was no drop off between Williams and Grand. Who missed,... Stills, Wilson, Landry.

It is the same John Brown argument with Parker. Brown was Fine as a WR1 in Buffalo, but putting him back to where he really belongs a WR2 (call them a WR1b if you want) and getting a legit WR1 will improve Parkers Game, and Wilsons (once Back)
But that doesn't make him a WR2 just because he would be dominant as a WR2.

I mean, Parker was 5th in yards last year playing on a dumpster offense with Fitz. If that's not the definition of a WR1 then what is?

But that doesn't make him a WR2 just because he would be dominant as a WR2.

I mean, Parker was 5th in yards last year playing on a dumpster offense with Fitz. If that's not the definition of a WR1 then what is?
Same Argument heard so much about John Brown. Just because he is "doing it" doesnt mean that is the BEST spot for him.

When a receiver is catching a TD every 4.5 catches at 16 yards a pop....they are more than a #3 receiver. Sorry!

Same Argument heard so much about John Brown. Just because he is "doing it" doesnt mean that is the BEST spot for him.
Brown never had a 1200 yard season and almost single handedly ruin a corner's DPoY chances by dumping on him so hard either.

BTW, Diggs and Preston Williams have the same number of TDs (Williams in 2 less games) this year and Williams is almost 4 yards higher per catch.

BTW, Diggs and Preston Williams have the same number of TDs (Williams in 2 less games) this year and Williams is almost 4 yards higher per catch.
Cool, I will take 73 Receptions 906 yards 12.4 ypc, 4 TDs and 72.3% catch rate, over
18 rec, 288 yards, 16 ypc, 4 TDs and a 51.4% catch rate through 10 games anyday

ooo no he missed the 1200 mark by 100 yards with less games, how many 1000 yard seasons has Mr No1 had?
Sorry, don't care to have this stupid argument. If I have a 1,200 yard receiver playing on a team with no Olineman or running game and he can destroy the best corner in the league, then that's a #1.

I don't give a **** about John Brown.

Cool, I will take 73 Receptions 906 yards 12.4 ypc, 4 TDs and 72.3% catch rate, over
18 rec, 288 yards, 16 ypc, 4 TDs and a 51.4% catch rate through 10 games anyday
I will take the health, but not the production over the long haul. You keep saying Williams is a number 3, he is not. He just needs to stay healthy. His talent level is through the roof. Staying healthy is obviously the key....same with Howard for us. Gilmore had the same questions earlier in his career. If Williams can stay healthy, he is going to be a beast!

Back
Top Bottom