Preston Williams???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

philc

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry if this subject was discussed already (I did search first)....

Anyone know why this Preston Williams guy went undrafted???? After watching the 2018 highlight reel (link below) my first thought was goodbye Devante Parker (in another year). It seems like he has the size and skills to do very well, at least he fights for the ball! Thoughts?

Sorry if this subject was discussed already (I did search first)....

Anyone know why this Preston Williams guy went undrafted???? After watching the 2018 highlight reel (link below) my first thought was goodbye Devante Parker (in another year). It seems like he has the size and skills to do very well, at least he fights for the ball! Thoughts?

Failed drug test at Tenn so he transfer to New Mexico ST and failed one there too. He also had an arrest for domestic violence in 2017

Off-the-field issues, was a domestic assault charge in 2017 as well as maturity issues. If the young man can grow up he definitely seems to be a steal for us.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sp...ill-suspended-coach-mike-bobo-says/829738002/

LAS VEGAS — Receiver Preston Williams, a transfer from Tennessee who was expected to make a big impact for CSU’s football team this fall, has not yet been cleared to play, coach Mike Bobo said Tuesday at the Mountain West Football Media Summit. “He’s still suspended,” Bobo said, declining to elaborate.

Williams, forced to sit out the 2017 season under NCAA transfer rules, was suspended last fall following his arrest on a misdemeanor assault charge for an altercation involving a woman described in police reports as his girlfriend at an off-campus apartment they had shared. Police said he shoved the woman while trying to prevent her from moving out.
Williams pleaded guilty to the assault charge, a Class 3 misdemeanor, on Jan. 23 and received a deferred sentence March 5 from Larimer County Court Judge Mary Joan Berenato.

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound junior participated in spring practices but was still going through the university’s conflict-resolution process, Bobo said. A CSU spokeswoman declined to provide additional information on that process and Williams’ status, citing privacy rules.

Williams was a five-star prospect and rated the No. 1 receiver in the 2015 recruiting class by Scout, coming out of Lovejoy High School in Georgia. He originally signed with Tennessee and played in 12 games over two seasons with the Volunteers, catching 16 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns.

Too much off the field baggage. Add in the recent POS Tyreek Hill violence I think it served as a reminder to teams to be wary of guys who commit DV.

"If" he gets his act together he'll be a big time steal for us.
That's a big if, though.

I'm all for giving a young, and dumb guy a second chance, even a third, but can a team really put themselves in a position where they rely on a guy with this type of history?

I don't want to excuse him with the domestic violence but the report said he "pushed" her to try to stop her from leaving. Even a push is bad but not as bad as actually hitting the girl. There are many people here who wanted us to draft Simmons and what he did was way worst. He was hitting a girl while she was on the floor so if he can get a chance then Williams should too and we didn't spend a pick on him so nothing to lose there.

Back
Top Bottom