Preston Williams???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

I hear ya... but people do grow up and mature. Granted not everyone does, but its certainly a possibility.
Absolutely they can.

All I'm saying is how much "trust" can an NFL team afford to put in someone that has a history, particularly domestic violence, or drug use? One slip, and there's a hole in your roster, if he plays an integral role.

Preston Williams also had a pretty uninspiring Pro day according to most reports from people who attended. The Character concerns didn’t help either, he most likely got poor reviews from coaches. But he has all world potential and could be a big time add for us

Absolutely they can.

All I'm saying is how much "trust" can an NFL team afford to put in someone that has a history, particularly domestic violence, or drug use? One slip, and there's a hole in your roster, if he plays an integral role.

I keep seeing people connecting him with drugs but haven't been able to find anything other than assault charges, and a fallout with Tennessee coaches that led to his transfer.

I keep seeing people connecting him with drugs but haven't been able to find anything other than assault charges, and a fallout with Tennessee coaches that led to his transfer.
I read, somewhere, that there was a failed drug test, or two.

I don't, however, vouch for the accuracy.

I don't have any problem with a guy smoking weed anyway, but the NFL does, at this time anyway.

I hear ya... but people do grow up and mature. Granted not everyone does, but its certainly a possibility.

Chris Carter is a great example of a screw up that had substance abuse issues who turned it around. Was kicked off the Eagles and came back and redeemed himself on the Vikings.

This kid is a legit #1 WR, hope he can keep the off-field issues behind him.

Sorry if this subject was discussed already (I did search first)....

Anyone know why this Preston Williams guy went undrafted???? After watching the 2018 highlight reel (link below) my first thought was goodbye Devante Parker (in another year). It seems like he has the size and skills to do very well, at least he fights for the ball! Thoughts?

Looks like he's tough to bring down, fights for every last yard!

He has a reangood chance to make in on the 53 man roster, 6”4, 96 receptions for almost 1400 yards is nothing to sneeze at 40 times aren’t always important. on the field speed is what’s telling, Chris carter, Antonio brown, chad Johnson ram an4.57, Anquan boldin, aslon jeffery, just to name a few who’s on the field is way better.

I don't want to excuse him with the domestic violence but the report said he "pushed" her to try to stop her from leaving. Even a push is bad but not as bad as actually hitting the girl. There are many people here who wanted us to draft Simmons and what he did was way worst. He was hitting a girl while she was on the floor so if he can get a chance then Williams should too and we didn't spend a pick on him so nothing to lose there.
But you also have the failed drug tests in top of his domestic violence issues as well. I personally want him to succeed because he will be a major weapon for Rosen/Fitzpatrick.

Back
Top Bottom