Preston Williams???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

I do have a DV question, especially when it relates to future suspensions.

So Preston did what he did, was suspended by his school, served his time and is back.

2 years from now, if he’s a STAR, and a video comes out of that “push”, is he subject to being suspended again? We need to find a way to move on and actually give the guys that warrant 2nd chances a chance.

We were all young and stupid but most of us didn’t get caught! Seriously though, the ig question is has this young man learned from his mistakes? I hope so. He is supremely talented and hopefully understands he gets no more chances

I'm floored when I watch him. I suppose his going UDFA had to just be a combination of things, not least of which is his lackluster pro day. He's been establishing a record of problematic stuff since high school while on the recruiting trail. Seems like one of those guys where it's always something. That's why it was pretty important he show he could have a year like this one where he puts it all together and dominates and doesn't let anything get in the way.

Here's a Mel Kiper quote:

“Preston Williams probably will be a second-round draft choice,” Kiper said of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound product of Lovejoy, Ga. “He had a phenomenal year at Colorado State. I think he’s the third- or fourth-best receiver in this draft class.”

And Daniel Jeremiah:

“There’s not a more talented wide receiver than him in the draft," Jeremiah said. "He is tall. He’s smooth. He’s explosive. You see him as a kickoff returner, what he can do. He has got unique, unique talent and unique ability. You’ve just got to sort through the off-the-field stuff."

Once it reached the 6th round I was rooting for Gerald Willis of the Canes to go undrafted. I wasn't sweating anything else except that. Heck, I didn't even want to see his name as Mr. Irrelevant.

It's about time the league started cracking down on conduct and not excusing the demonstrated jerks, even if they cleaned up the final year. Just like I don't like late blooming prospects I don't care for the ones who suddenly straighten out when it's either a pro contract or back on the street with the boys.

The ultra elite guys will continue to prompt a look in the other direction. Nothing will change that.

Anyway, this guy never appears to be in ideal shape to me. The jump numbers were poor for a supposedly great athlete. I think it was 31 and 9-8...something in that range. That's not going to equate to benefit of a doubt given everything else on the plate.

I think folks are sleeping on this guy. The more I watch of him the more I'm convinced we got away with robbery! If this guy can stay away from the off the field stuff look out!!!

This is a very skilled player! Can't believe he wasn't drafted!

I’m not sure what his off the field stuff is but in a world where men that hit women are playing in the nfl, I’m surprised no one took a flyer on him in the late rounds

I’m not sure what his off the field stuff is but in a world where men that hit women are playing in the nfl, I’m surprised no one took a flyer on him in the late rounds
He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault he pushed a girl to the ground. He failed 2 drug tests as well

Back
Top Bottom