Preston Williams???? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

I’m not sure what his off the field stuff is but in a world where men that hit women are playing in the nfl, I’m surprised no one took a flyer on him in the late rounds

It was because of his pro day. Actual quote from a GM:

“He’s got some really good tape, but now he has a disappointing workout to go with character red flags. That’s a bad combination. We won’t take him but I would guess he could go in the middle rounds.”

Encapsulates it perfectly. Has the character stuff and then has a bad pro day? He was done for.

There are parts of the pro day that I absolutely do not buy whatsoever, because of things he accomplished in his past. And there’s also a part of his pro day that I think WAS highly impressive, but that most aren’t recognizing.

It was because of his pro day. Actual quote from a GM:

“He’s got some really good tape, but now he has a disappointing workout to go with character red flags. That’s a bad combination. We won’t take him but I would guess he could go in the middle rounds.”

Encapsulates it perfectly. Has the character stuff and then has a bad pro day? He was done for.

There are parts of the pro day that I absolutely do not buy whatsoever, because of things he accomplished in his past. And there’s also a part of his pro day that I think WAS highly impressive, but that most aren’t recognizing.

What was alarming about his pro day? How poor was it?

What was alarming about his pro day? How poor was it?

Ran like a 4.61, jumped only 31.5” vertical and 9’8” broad jump.

The kid was the Georgia state champion in the long jump and runner up in the triple jump but he has some bad jumps at one pro day and it’s like oh no he can’t jump he’s not explosive.

He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault he pushed a girl to the ground. He failed 2 drug tests as well
Do you have a source for his failed drug test, nobody has posted any evidence of that speculation? I've not been able to find anything stating his drug problems. Just curious

Do you have a source for his failed drug test, nobody has posted any evidence of that speculation? I've not been able to find anything stating his drug problems. Just curious
I read a report on it too. I believe it was on rotoworld. I believe he made the transfer from Tenn after the first one. The domestic violence stuff was back in 2017

Ran like a 4.61, jumped only 31.5” vertical and 9’8” broad jump.

The kid was the Georgia state champion in the long jump and runner up in the triple jump but he has some bad jumps at one pro day and it’s like oh no he can’t jump he’s not explosive.

Forgive me but the crowd that seemingly obsesses on measurables while effectively ignoring
production on film are ignoring the fact human beings cannot be precisely quantified by
simplistic formulas that ignore the holistic aspect of the game -- which includes the
intangibles such as the MENTAL aspect of the individual.

Historical reference in these parts = see Zack Thomas.

Beyond that -- the numbers you posted don't offend me at all.

I read a report on it too. I believe it was on rotoworld. I believe he made the transfer from Tenn after the first one. The domestic violence stuff was back in 2017
I'd like if someone could find a link substantiating the drug claims. I could find nothing, and his departure at Tennessee didn't state that in the 4 articles I read about his transfer. Would like some solid proof on the drug issues, because all I've seen has been speculation.

So if a new coaching staff and new qb results in getting Devante Parker playing at 90% of his potential and Williams stays out of trouble that could be a nasty one/two combo. Toss in Stills, Wilson and Grant and defenses might have some tough Sundays when facing Miami. Not to mention if Gesicki turns into a receiving weapon. In college Gesicki excelled in 50/50 balls and Rosen and Fitzpatrick love throwing those types of passes. I know that's a lot of if's, but it's a start.

I'd like if someone could find a link substantiating the drug claims. I could find nothing, and his departure at Tennessee didn't state that in the 4 articles I read about his transfer. Would like some solid proof on the drug issues, because all I've seen has been speculation.

I didn't find any evidence of that either.

The kid really got in trouble after the altercation and then violated a restraining order.

All in all, with all things considered, he's obviously not a convicted felon type
or someone who beat a young girl on the ground like...

Well, we know.

Yea sorry I can't find it but its definitely been mentioned by writers and such like on rotoworld

Just for fun:

DVP combine numbers:
6' 2 5/8" 209 lbs
Broad Jump 125.0 inches
Vertical 36.5 inches
40 Yard Dash 4.45 Secs

Preston Williams Pro day:
6' 4" 211 lbs
Broad Jump 116.00 inches
Vertical 31.50
40 Yard Dash 4.61

Obviously there's a "dramatic" difference and
DVP MUST BE a way better receiver based on the
radically superior numbers.

Does anyone really believe DVP plays faster
or in any way bigger than the film on this kid???

I don't see it. And let's talk about tuffness...
Physical and mental...

Do they measure that at the combine?

Last edited:
Yea sorry I can't find it but its definitely been mentioned by writers and such like on rotoworld
I looked on rotoworld and did see them saying he went to Tennessee and had multiple drug test fails as well as one at CSU. One would think if there was accuracy to their speculation some other newspaper of affiliate would cover this story. And that is where I call BS, unless I see from more than a rotoworld blurb that was about a paragraph long.

Could it be that, Preston Williams, just plays better then his measurables? Kids' got talent, it's just a matter of him wanting it and keeping himself clean off the field.

Back
Top Bottom