Preston Williams???? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

Some of ya'll are gonna be mad when Williams has 20 catches for 200 yards all year lol.

Never expect a rookie WR to be great day one. Much less a UDFA.

What do the circumstances surrounding his draft status have to do with his talent and production?

What do the circumstances surrounding his draft status have to do with his talent and production?

Well for one rookie WRs normally do not produce high volume #s year 1 unless they are the elite of the elite. Him being a UDFA means he has holes in his game that needs to be developed. His base is great, but hes not a 1000 yard rookie talent.

What is your deal? You never fail to be THAT guy.

Because I've watched and indulged in many years of football and most rookie WRs do not produce the type of year everyone around here keeps trying to convince themselves he will produce.

Some of ya'll are gonna be mad when Williams has 20 catches for 200 yards all year lol.

Never expect a rookie WR to be great day one. Much less a UDFA.

I admit I see PW as having better stats than that, but stats alone aren't the only factor. I'm confident DCs who watch that game will give him some focus. If he can do that the next 3 games, he'll get attention which means Still, Wilson, and others will get less. For now, I think that's reasonable. Yeah, get him the stats, and I think they will, but don't ignore his affect on the passing game.

I admit I see PW as having better stats than that, but stats alone aren't the only factor. I'm confident DCs who watch that game will give him some focus. If he can do that the next 3 games, he'll get attention which means Still, Wilson, and others will get less. For now, I think that's reasonable. Yeah, get him the stats, and I think they will, but don't ignore his affect on the passing game.

I have high hopes for thos kid, but not as a rookie.

I have high hopes for thos kid, but not as a rookie.

Agree, but here is my thought - warning, I'm painting this optimistically. IF PW fiinishes PS as he started, the D better have a top secondary. PW will draw a top #1 or 2 CB. Wilson will draw attention. Grant, even with his flaws, can't draw single coverage without a safety on top. Stills can't be ignored. RBs are capable receivers and I've skipped the TEs. Again, IF PW demands coverage, that will test many Ds. All of this, sadly, depends on the QB having time.

If we are truly going to run a pats style offense, no one WR is going to have overwhelming stats. (Moss was the exception, not the rule.)

Any fantasy player knows to stay the heck away from pats WRs and RBs.

Preston's presence will be felt two fold.

Devante Parker has no choice but to raise his level of play.

Well for one rookie WRs normally do not produce high volume #s year 1 unless they are the elite of the elite. Him being a UDFA means he has holes in his game that needs to be developed. His base is great, but hes not a 1000 yard rookie talent.

First of all, I don't see folks around here projecting Williams @1000 yds in 2019. But you're assertion/assumption that he
"has holes in his game" is a tad too negative of an evaluation IMO -- based on what he's consistently shown in Miami.
If your point is that EVERY ROOKIE in the NFL should have room (upside) to develop -- then OK. But so far Preston has definitely NOT resembled some kid with obvious "holes" in his game getting lucky with a few catches etc. In fact his game has looked remarkably "well developed" for a rookie -- regardless of R1 or UDFA.

The reason the kid didn't get drafted is well documented in these parts -- and it's not because he lacks skills... In addition, if (???) you really follow the team and listen to the interviews of coaches etc., you'll note the WR coach had nothing but positives to say about the kids ability to bend and get low, to get in and out of breaks fast, and so on. In other words, even though he's pushing 6-5 the kid is still "quick" and explosive... I think we've all seen how he attacks the ball -- and he only made 4 circus catches in his first preseason game!

Yea. I don't think he's riddled with "holes." And I'm also pretty sure folks around here know it's always 1 week at a time and there are NO guarantees Preston Williams is a future *star*

But right now he sure looks like one!

Last edited:
First of all, I don't see folks around here projecting Williams @1000 yds in 2019. But you're assertion/assumption that he
"has holes in his game" is a tad too negative of an evaluation IMO -- based on what he's consistently shown in Miami.
If your point is that EVERY ROOKIE in the NFL should have room (upside) to develop -- then OK. But so far Preston has definitely NOT resembled some kid with obvious "holes" in his game getting lucky with a few catches etc. In fact his game has looked remarkably "well developed" for a rookie -- regardless of R1 or UDFA.

The reason the kid didn't get drafted is well documented in these parts -- and it's not because he lacks skills... In addition, if (???) you really follow the team and listen to the interviews of coaches etc., you'll note the WR coach had nothing but positives to say about the kids ability to bend and get low, to get in and out of breaks fast, and so on. In other words, even though he's pushing 6-5 the kid is still "quick" and explosive... I think we've all seen how he attacks the ball -- and he only made 4 circus catches in his first preseason game!

Yea. I don't think he's riddled with "holes." And I'm also pretty sure folks around here know it's always 1 week at a time and there are NO guarantees Preston Williams is a future *star*

But right now he sure looks like one!

Don't even waste your time with that poster. Hes obviously a troll!

I’m kinda struggling with a future #1 wr that doesn’t really have burst or twitch and separate

Uses his body well. But will he win on iso on stick route concepts?

Need to see him vs 1s

Back
Top Bottom