Preston Williams???? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

I’m kinda struggling with a future #1 wr that doesn’t really have burst or twitch and separate

Uses his body well. But will he win on iso on stick route concepts?

Need to see him vs 1s

He kinda reminds me of Orange Gadsden where he didn’t need a lot of separation due to his enormous catch radius and great hands. If that’s the type of player we get from Williams, then I’ll have zero problems with it. However, I think there’s more. I do agree we need to see him against top shelf competition ASAP.

He kinda reminds me of Orange Gadsden where he didn’t need a lot of separation due to his enormous catch radius and great hands. If that’s the type of player we get from Williams, then I’ll have zero problems with it. However, I think there’s more. I do agree we need to see him against top shelf competition ASAP.

Gadsden was like a 4.7 guy this kids 4.5 and he’s not running away from anyone. Hard to make a long term living as a #1 wr if you don’t have twitch and burst in and out of cuts.

He will go get it though even if I think his body is better than his leaping ability in pads.

Natural hands locates tbe ball well

Gadsden was like a 4.7 guy this kids 4.5 and he’s not running away from anyone. Hard to make a long term living as a #1 wr if you don’t have twitch and burst in and out of cuts.

He will go get it though even if I think his body is better than his leaping ability in pads.

He’s caught a number of deep passes in camp, but I don’t know what kind of separation he had. I really liked his body control on the deep comeback route in the two minute drill, very fluid and in control. At first I thought he pushed off but upon further review I don’t think he did. This type of control shows me he can polish route running to get more separation. However you’re right, there wasn’t much evidence of burst in this game. his college tape and camp reviews, though, have me encouraged.

He’s caught a number of deep passes in camp, but I don’t know what kind of separation he had. I really liked his body control on the deep comeback route in the two minute drill, very fluid and in control. At first I thought he pushed off but upon further review I don’t think he did. This type of control shows me he can polish route running to get more separation. However you’re right, there wasn’t much evidence of burst in this game. his college tape and camp reviews, though, have me encouraged.

I mean it’s a udfa add so you can’t beat it I’m just trying to figure out how that game translates to #1 wr down the line. Cause # 1 WRs are go to chain movers. Consistent win options

According to his position coach -- that's NOT accurate.

Of course at his size he's not gonna resemble Grant in terms of quicks -- but the dude is
surprising agile quick etc. for his size.

Beyond that -- if he consistently wins contested balls

don't matter.

My opinion. Of course.

According to his position coach -- that's NOT accurate.

Of course at his size he's not gonna resemble Grant in terms of quicks -- but the dude is
surprising agile quick etc. for his size.

Beyond that -- if he consistently wins contested balls

don't matter.

My opinion. Of course.

Well then I look forward to seeing it cause I didn’t in the opener. And I know what to look for.

On the plus side I thought gesicki did a better job of keeping his feet under him. Which makes a difference. He didn’t look sloppy. A little better job at staying on his preferred line. But I’m about 100 percent sure teams gonna make him win vs corners before they change up and allow lbs and safeties on him. Make him show he’s not soft and easy to reroute anymore

Needs to finish his blocks not just be happy that he didn’t get power driven into the backfield

The one handed catch looked easy for him. He seemed to cradle the football in his enormous mitt. Rookie undrafted free agent wide receivers don't usually make catches like that and the tight toe tap on the boundary in his very first game (albeit just a preseason game). For all the questions associated with his character that led to him not getting drafted by any of the 32 NFL teams, Preston Williams looks good, really good. With other targets like Devante Parker, Mike Gesicki, Kenny Stills and speed machines like Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant and Kenyon Drake, we may have a lot more offensive weapons than other teams expect.

(Yes, I know we still have holes on the O-line.)

Don't even waste your time with that poster. Hes obviously a troll!

Oh no?!?!?! I'm an obvious troll that trolls on thru.

Lmao.

Relax buddy. We all do not have to agree about this ****. I don't see future superstar written all over this kid because he absued some below average corners. He has some superstar traits, but that means nothing.

Oh no?!?!?! I'm an obvious troll that trolls on thru.

Lmao.

Relax buddy. We all do not have to agree about this ****. I don't see future superstar written all over this kid because he absued some below average corners. He has some superstar traits, but that means nothing.
I hear ya, not sure about superstar, but when X gives you an endorsement, I'm willing to sit back and see without judgement. He still has a lot to learn. What you and I saw was raw ability. He used that well.. Now I can't wait to see what he does when he really learns the pro game. That's a little ways off. But then again Bolden used his raw skills to his advantage early on also. He didn't do to bad for a career. We know he didn't have blazing speed either.

We keep hearing about and recruiting players with "off field issues".

I'd like to see a clear line of what is acceptable established for our team in order to reduce the number of these idiots we bring on board. They eat up roster space, cap space, and dash our hopes.

By a clear line, I mean a well defined set of requirements that classify "off field issues" as acceptable risks or unacceptable risks based on four things:
1) The credibility of the person making the complaint.
2) Type of, and amount of damage done to a victim.
3) How far in the past the last complaint occurred.
4) If this is a repetitive problem, is it getting better, getting worse or just being a consistent problem that isn't going away.

Examples:
1) Is the complaintent someone who is making a lot of the same type of complaints? Are they credible?
* There are people who go out of their way to start something with an athlete just so they can make a claim or get media coverage.
2) A bruise vs. 5 stab wounds or bullet holes.
3) Have there been no problems for over a year or are there continual reoccurrences of bad behaviors.
4) Have the problems continued to occur or getting worse vs. a very definite reduction in the amount or severity of problems reported.

If a potential player is identified as unacceptable in any of these categories, or if they are close to being unacceptable in three or more of these areas; don't consider them; don't bring them on board.

If he plays like his size (height and strength) along with maintaining a huge catch radius I can see it. Kind of like Brandon Marshall and to a lesser extent body wise, Anquan Boldin. Who like I said played above his size strength wise (6'1 but had the strength of a strong 6'6 receiver) and some along with having great natural hands.

If he plays like his size (height and strength) along with maintaining a huge catch radius I can see it. Kind of like Brandon Marshall and to a lesser extent body wise, Anquan Boldin. Who like I said played above his size strength wise (6'1 but had the strength of a strong 6'6 receiver) and some along with having great natural hands.

I'd be interested in reading your opinion of how the Steelers receiver Swan played, since he was considered slow for a receiver but was arguably the best receiver of his era.

Agree, but here is my thought - warning, I'm painting this optimistically. IF PW fiinishes PS as he started, the D better have a top secondary. PW will draw a top #1 or 2 CB. Wilson will draw attention. Grant, even with his flaws, can't draw single coverage without a safety on top. Stills can't be ignored. RBs are capable receivers and I've skipped the TEs. Again, IF PW demands coverage, that will test many Ds. All of this, sadly, depends on the QB having time.
That is optimistic, but not that far fetched.

The key is a QB that has total "command" of the offensive design, and can deliver the ball on time to the correct option.

Can that be Rosen?

I think it can be, but probably not immediately, so I will have some patience. My patience is not unlimited though.

That is an odd x endorsement cause i would think on anything he let play out in front of him x would lock him up.

And I’m absolutely gonna try as a dc to let the play happen in front of my corners. Play a lot of sticks coverages

Back
Top Bottom