Preston Williams???? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams????

According to his position coach -- that's NOT accurate.

Of course at his size he's not gonna resemble Grant in terms of quicks -- but the dude is
surprising agile quick etc. for his size.

Beyond that -- if he consistently wins contested balls

don't matter.

My opinion. Of course.

It’s the old 40 yard dash argument....not every great football player is a great track star.

Jerry Rice is a prime example of a number 1 who timed poorly in the 40.

If he has football speed, combined with that frame and ability to go get the ball...that’s all I care about!

It’s the old 40 yard dash argument....not every great football player is a great track star.

If he has football speed, combined with that frame and ability to go get the ball...that’s all I care about!
building on what you already mentioned it is more about agility than pure straight line speed. I believe the coaches noticed his 20 yard split reached elite numbers but I can't seem to find the exact numbers.

A good example of agility over speed is the new England receivers. sure not the tallest or fastest but their quickness rating end up in the 90th percentiles and it's paying off for them to this day. A interesting note I made when I did the research

Very true. But this is a kid who won 2 state championships as a SR in HS (Georgia).

Long jump and triple jump.

I just think it's silly for anyone to doubt/question this kids athletic chops!

If you go back to the Gator game Preston was o-p-e-n many times deep but his

poor QB was getting pummeled...

I think the kid has plenty of speed and burst coupled with physicality and

pretty amazing body control.

Last -- he dropped 1 catchable pass all of last year in college.

If reports are accurate -- that's how many he's dropped from OTAs to now

as a Miami Dolphin. I'd say that's pretty good.

Finally watched Miami's preseason highlights. No question Williams was the most exciting player on the field. His catching radius is huge and I can see why he is getting compared to Marshall. Can't wait to see how he continues to develop. Hopefully, all the off-the-field stuff is behind him and the Dolphins have themselves a steal.

Apparently Allen was responsible for Preston.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say there’s nothing wrong with what he did at the top of the route there that’s just him doing what he should using his strength and getting physical that arms not extended but that separation comes from a dbs head inside looking at the qb at the top and again a nice not fully extended arm bar.

You call that it’s a trash call. But it helps that the db who at the top of the route is in pretty good position has his head inside. He’s looking at the QB.

The rub in all this is that db feels like in the early stem and even top of that route he feels like he’s in good position to shut that route down thus his heads inside. It’s the arm bar that creates the separation. The db is not “threatened”

And look I know people will call this just me being eternally pessimistic but i call it just me being real. I look for weakness and pure strength like an oc or dc looks at things. The rest doesn’t really matter. Just like the non difference makers are easily replaceable and that bothers people but I don’t care. Never have.

You don’t win football games at this level with jags. You get fired

Last edited:
There's always been an attractiveness about the way Preston Williams gets off the line of scrimmage, and his ability to use his body, sink his hips at the top of a route.

I'm not sure what some others are seeing. Some have since seen the light.

Back
Top Bottom