Preston Williams | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

a) rookie(as was brilliantly said by someone the game will slow down for him, this might have applied to Ted Ginn for all I know
b) I see top receivers drop passes
c) Ted Ginn had the worst hands I had ever seen
d) we need our coaches to put him through drills, I think about all these great catches in college where the receiver only got one foot down. so a guy who only got one foot down should be discounted?

yeah I know these are excuses but...

The guy has a golden Opportunity. He’s on the field and getting open and targeted he just has to catch it more consistently and he finds himself a very lucrative career. He has 13 games to put it together.

Jerry Rice first 11 games 26 rec 10 drops the fans where even booing Rice his rookie year and he was a 1st round pick. We got Williams for nothing. Undrafted and he's already our best wr. I'm not gonna complain. And bye any means no I don't expected him to turn out to be Jerry Rice. But I think he gonna become a good #2 WR.
And it u doubt my stats on Jerry. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2006/too-deep-zone-jerry-rice-rookie-bust

Really, am I wrong. When have had a WR overcome the dropsies
Not saying he’s gona be this guy, but....I seem to remember a certain Jerry Rice had a horrible case of the dropsies in his rookie campaign. Much was made about it too, that he was going to be a bust. How did that one turn out?

Needs to sleep with a jugs machine from now on.

Plucks the hardest catch of all 4th down sideline pass outside the framework of his body out of the air.

Ridiculous thread, one of the very few highlights of our season so far. He's still very much learning his craft and will get better I'm sure of it. Still scored our best TD of the year (ok it's the only one :))

Finsgonewild is great for this site

Imagine how quickly everyone will buy VIP to avoid reading this

i think preston williams is the least of our problems. i worry more about grant

He's a rookie undrafted free agent and through 2 games he is leading the team in receptions, yards, and TDs while being the only WR on the team catching north of 60% of. his passes. What is wrong with you people?? seriously??

Why is it some players get years to prove themselves and others are written out 2 games into their rookie seasons as a freaking UNDRAFTED free agent. Especially playing a position that normally takes 2-3 years to breakout.
As you said he is leading the team in TDs, but shouldn't we say "leading the team in TD", when a team only has 1 TD to go around?:woot:

I'm looking forward to who we pair with Preston next year. Ruggs and him together...yup I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom