Preston Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Often. It's just that usually if they have them, they aren't on the field for you to see it.

Name one we’ve had who overcame. Even Tony Martin became a better WR somewhere else and sucked for us when we got him back. Go ahead, name one

Exactly, but instead let's bitch about a player that's a undrafted free agent. Some fans are complete ****ing morons and they're youth and instant gratification generation shows.

I don't why its unreasonble to expect a receiver to catch a ball in his hand regardless of draft status.

He drops everything. Another all-pro practice player that sucks during games. He is this year's Legedu Naanee or Ernest Wilford.

I think you are being outrageously early with your criticism of an undrafted rookie. He is by far our best skill player on the field. He has already shown good route running, fantastic body control, and high pointing the ball. Give him time to grow into being the number one receiver because that is how he is being used. Parker is loosing ground and Williams is gaining.

Honestly I don't know how drops are a problem for players at this level of football. They've been catching balls their whole lives - junior high, high school, college...it's not a lack of reps. Confidence maybe?

Regardless, I already trust Williams more than any other receiver on the field today.

Honestly I don't know how drops are a problem for players at this level of football. They've been catching balls their whole lives - junior high, high school, college...it's not a lack of reps. Confidence maybe?

Hence is why he wasn’t drafted. Anyone who believes in this guy is just fooling themselves

A WRs job is to catch footballs. If you drop TDs in each game, maybe you shouldn’t be a WR or the coaches should bench the guy.

Yes, he is failing at his primary responsibility. I reiterate- undrafted free agent being used as the number one receiver during his third NFL game. Cut him a little slack. Parker is the one you should be eviscerating.

He's a rookie undrafted free agent and through 2 games he is leading the team in receptions, yards, and TDs while being the only WR on the team catching north of 60% of. his passes. What is wrong with you people?? seriously??

Why is it some players get years to prove themselves and others are written out 2 games into their rookie seasons as a freaking UNDRAFTED free agent. Especially playing a position that normally takes 2-3 years to breakout.
He's a rookie undrafted free agent and through 2 games he is leading the team in receptions, yards, and TDs while being the only WR on the team catching north of 60% of. his passes. What is wrong with you people?? seriously??

Why is it some players get years to prove themselves and others are written out 2 games into their rookie seasons as a freaking UNDRAFTED free agent. Especially playing a position that normally takes 2-3 years to breakout.
I f some of the keyboard warrior GMs on this site were actually real GMs, they would never be able to field a team. You can't have #1 talent at every position. You guys want to cut people right and left. There is so much turnover on this team... it's going to take more than one season to get this **** fixed. And ragging on a first time coaching staff for this rag-tag bunch not being able to hang with 3 legit super bowl contenders.... it's laughable!

Let me first state that I think those defending him for being an undrafted free agent are fools. He was only undrafted due to his off the field issues.

However, last year, Landry led the league in drops, followed by Ridley, a first round pick. Julio Jones was tied for third. Edelman was tied for seventh.

The drops are concerning, but he's a rookie. His mind is moving too quickly. If they're this prominent next year, then yeah, it's an issue.

I don't why its unreasonble to expect a receiver to catch a ball in his hand regardless of draft status.
Because the same delusional fans try to bitch about anything they can, because for a half we were actually in a game. Bottom line is we're not that talented of a team we're not going to win many games people have to understand that. And Preston Williams didn't show any problems with dropping the football in college so people are already evaluating him on three games really really. And are d lines job is to get pressure on the quarterback and they don't do that s*** worth a damn yet I'm not hearing anybody talk about that, howewer fans want a b**** about a receiver that can eventually be really, really, good cuz he has the tools give me a f****** break.

A WRs job is to catch footballs. If you drop TDs in each game, maybe you shouldn’t be a WR or the coaches should bench the guy.
And yet, the Eagles lost today because of 7 dropped passes... at least 2 would have been game winners...One easy one by the TE people thought we SHOULD have drafted. Drops happen... just need to work harder at your craft. You can't cut every player that makes a mistake every damn week.

Let me first state that I think those defending him for being an undrafted free agent are fools. He was only undrafted due to his off the field issues.

However, last year, Landry led the league in drops, followed by Ridley, a first round pick. Julio Jones was tied for third. Edelman was tied for seventh.

The drops are concerning, but he's a rookie. His mind is moving too quickly. If they're this prominent next year, then yeah, it's an issue.
It's not that we're giving him an excuse because he's undrafted. It's just ****ing ridiculous that with all the deficiencies this team has that he should be a concern we have. Bottom line delusional fans start threads on emotions because they actually think if he catches that rd we could beat Dallas. We don't have the horses to compete with that team for four quarters regardless.

Back
Top Bottom