Preston Williams | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

I was coming here to say just this.

I’m willing to bet some type of sprain or possibly minor dislocation that popped back in. I don’t think surgery would worry me I bet a clean up job. Even he avoids surgery I’m not even the slightest bit concerned.

as you said, you know what this is about

I thought hyperextension for a minute but I think it’s more than that. They don’t usually cart you off for a hyperextension.

Preston Williams WR, Miami Dolphins

Coach Brian Flores confirmed Dolphins WR Preston Williams (knee) will miss the remainder of the 2019 season.

Flores added, "It's a big loss for us. I talked to him (Williams) this morning. He's done an incredible job. Came to us as a free agent and has really grown the last six, seven months. I was devastated for the kid." Williams was electric during the entire preseason and quickly earned a starting job, ultimately posting a season-long 32-428-3 line on 60 targets. The rookie saved his best performance for last, racking up 72 yards and a pair of touchdowns against the Jets in Week 9. Williams' absence cements DeVante Parker as the Dolphins' No. 1 WR, while the likes of Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns and Jakeem Grant should see more targets moving forward.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter.

Nov 4, 2019, 2:39 PM ET
Damn shame. One of the few bright spots on the team. I was telling all my friends to get this guy in their fantasy leagues and was excited to see him play every Sunday and now this. I hope the injury isn't too bad and he's still around next season.

**** aggravated right now. if i'm the owner brian ****ing flores and chris ****ing grier are sitting in my *** ****** office right now explaining why our future superstar young WR is returning kickoffs in the first place, and why the **** did i just pay jakeem grant? this is inexcusable. you can't get this kid hurt returning punts. the next time they **** up this royally they're both gone.
He was an UDFA, it's not like they signed megatron to 100M contract and had him returning punts. Relax. People get injured in football all the time and it's not predictable.

I thought hyperextension for a minute but I think it’s more than that. They don’t usually cart you off for a hyperextension.

im becoming a little numb to acl injuries. They heal just fine. It’s the over compensation nowadays that leads to further injuries. Doesn’t need to be said but his future lies in his dedication to rehab

**** aggravated right now. if i'm the owner brian ****ing flores and chris ****ing grier are sitting in my *** ****** office right now explaining why our future superstar young WR is returning kickoffs in the first place, and why the **** did i just pay jakeem grant? this is inexcusable. you can't get this kid hurt returning punts. the next time they **** up this royally they're both gone.

Grant lost the job returning punts, why? because his judgment is bad. Landry returned punts also, he could have actually broken that wrist when he went down the first time as a WR. It sucks but injuries happen.

Yeah I'm not overly concerned. Just wanted him to gain more experience and he was one of the few reasons to watch the games. Hopefully he grinds through his rehab and is ready t make an impact in 2020. I know he had character issues and I don't know exactly what they are but lets hope they stay buried while he's going through this rough patch. Tough to find good UFDA's like him.

im becoming a little numb to acl injuries. They heal just fine. It’s the over compensation nowadays that leads to further injuries. Doesn’t need to be said but his future lies in his dedication to rehab

I’m a little more nervous when the guys bigger and a lot of his game revolves around short area quickness. Getting in and out of cuts.

but it’s whatever and he’s done enough where he’s a part of the future either way I’d say to the staff.

Reactions: A1.
Well if it is a torn ACL that’s why I’m no doctor. Lol

Grant lost the job returning punts, why? because his judgment is bad. Landry returned punts also, he could have actually broken that wrist when he went down the first time as a WR. It sucks but injuries happen.
we just can't have nice things...

He was an UDFA, it's not like they signed megatron to 100M contract and had him returning punts. Relax. People get injured in football all the time and it's not predictable.
dude if it's as a WR what can you do? but as a punt returner... come on. this guy might as well be our megatron and they have him out there returning punts in what many here are calling an extended preseason. it just cant happen this way. like i said, this is the most talented player we've had on offense in a long long time.

Man, I don't know if I'm record or not regarding Williams, and I really hope his injury isn't serious, but unless he fixes those hands he's never going to amount to much in this league, and fixing a thing like that is one tall order. Same goes for Grant. And yeah, I can say that confidently even coming off his best game yet. Anyone want to talk about crow-eating, let's talk in two years, minimum, don't bother me about a good game or two -or a bad one, either.
I'm not going to go so far as to say "that's ridiculous", but not that far off.

As an undrafted rookie, who was quite raw coming in, he's already better, or just as good, overall than half the #2s in the league, and virtually all the #3s. His size/speed combo can't be coached.

TBH, if he ends up "not amounting to much", as you put it, it will be due to the fact of not keeping his head on straight.

It's only been a year, since his off field issues, but he seems to have put it behind him.

If he stays healthy, and works hard, I have no doubt that he will amount to something.

I see posters saying you can't coach a guy to have "good hands". I say nonsense. It usually depends on the specifics. There is a lot in catching a football that is technique.

Some players have a natural innate ability, others have to work at it.

dude if it's as a WR what can you do? but as a punt returner... come on. this guy might as well be our megatron and they have him out there returning punts in what many here are calling an extended preseason. it just cant happen this way. like i said, this is the most talented player we've had on offense in a long long time.
Yeah, I'm not against making rookies play specials, in theory, but PW doesn't seem like a "natural" returner.

I don't get it, unless it's a Flores "head game" thing, that he believes will make Preston a better player down the road.

Cotdamn!!!

Back
Top Bottom