Preston Williams | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Williams will never become a top WR for us if he doesn't stop dropping like every other pass that hits him in the hands. He'll make one great play then follow that up with a drop when the ball hits him in the hands. It's maddening as hell.
Three games into his career. Take a breath...those catches he made in preseason were legit. This kid will be very good. Honestly, with all the ineptitude going on in a season they might win one game and you’re dumping on a UDFA...be happy he can get open.

Rookies often think too much until the game slows down for them... hopefully the drops will stop when he gets comfortable.

I can't believe people are wanting to dump on this kid. He's going to be very good for us imo. I'm not giving up after 3 games. He's already shown more than Parker did in his first year. He's not hurt every week and he's made some nice catches. It's a little hard for rookie WR's. Give the kid at least one season.

I can't believe people are wanting to dump on this kid. He's going to be very good for us imo. I'm not giving up after 3 games. He's already shown more than Parker did in his first year. He's not hurt every week and he's made some nice catches. It's a little hard for rookie WR's. Give the kid at least one season.

To put it in perspective. His so-called struggles - as a UDFA no less - translate to about 60 catches and over 800 yards for a season...

I think some are over-analyzing him. Due to him being one of the few bright spots in camp.

I'm not expecting a high catch rate due to the QB probably not being able to pinpoint the passes due to being chased. Hands can be improved to a point.

Just need to relax on grading a rookie over 3 games.

This is pretty common with young receivers who have a million things racing through their mind and aren't in a comfortable headspace ( i.e. not knowing the cadence, route depth, hot route, cb s/w's etc.)

Writing off an UDFA 3 games in who leads our team in reception yards is completely absurd. I'm hoping us going 0-16 helps get rid of some of these fans ( i know it won't).

Drops are a part of the game, a lot of times they come in slumps.

Does he really drop everything? Everything?
He doesn't drop everything, but he drops too many. He also makes some spectacular catches, and exibits very good body control.

I have hope for him though, because he seem to drop a certain type of pass. He isn't very good at the fades, and over the top throws. When it's out in front of him, or he has the chance to turn and face the ball, he seems to do better. Let's hope it's something correctable.

If this is true and your probably rite it makes you hate football , but maybe it has to be done , I just hope these guys know what there doing draft time , it’s not a fact that who ever they draft won’t be a bust
He's "probably rite?"

If any of you geniuses out there think this kid is intentionally dropping passes as part of some grand plan to lose games, I would suggest making an appointment with a psychiatrist to be evaluated for psychotropic medications immediately if not sooner.

And stay away from this website.

He's legitimately the best WR on the team right now.
While that's likely true, I'm not sure I consider that a good thing. Without Wilson, we don't have a reliable slot, that is able to adjust his routes on the fly. Grant just gets manhandled there, and can't get off the line. I though that Hurns had played slot before, but he's not good either, and might be in concussion protocol indefinitely, after the shot he took.

Back
Top Bottom