Preston Williams | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

He was an UDFA, it's not like they signed megatron to 100M contract and had him returning punts. Relax. People get injured in football all the time and it's not predictable.

True...nor is it a "question of durability" (as another poster alluded to), or that he might suffer from "durability issues" or be "injury prone" or have a lack of "conditioning." GOD, i hate those phrases, when a freak injury could affect anyone, returning punts or not.

If he's shut down for the season, that will just give him the rest and rehab time he needs to come back even stronger and smarter, now that he AND the team know what he's capable of. Yes, playing gives him the experience, but it contributes to more wins, people will be bitching at him for being so good...LOL.

Oh well - you play with you got, especially in this year of developing the players already on or remaining on the roster.

Good luck, Preston...get well SOON!

This is tough. Hopefully they don’t rush him back too soon next year. Is it weird I’m angry at Jakeem Grant about this. Guy should realize he’s a borderline nfl player and returns are where he should shine. He got his money and apparently stopped caring

I need to cheer up. Does anyone know players that came back and had a great year right after an acl tear. Besides AP.

I remember back in 2007 in the Cam Cameron fiasco the one thing that really helped deal with the horrible team results and disappointment from Saban leaving was the emergence of Ronnie Brown. We sucked, but he was tearing it up as we were nearing the half season mark...leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage and looking really good. Then he tore his acl on a freak play - making a tackle on an INT. Ugh...

This year I was hoping I could at least enjoy watching a few guys that I thought would be long term building blocks though we were going to suck...X, Tunsil, Fitzpatrick and wow, this UFDA WR with talent from my old college (and CSU does not get a lot of pros). Well, at least there are a few others left. I wont name them to try to avoid the jinx.

Closer to the tank again is the only way to positively spin this.

Dude, honestly, this and X's injury just seem fishy.

It was like, 'Ok kid, you've proven you can single-handedly win us games with Fitzpatrick at QB. Pretend an injury. Oh, no, wait, go back in and shelf it. Ok, now, pretend an injury again. Ok, done for the year.'

I call bullshit on both injuries but I do agree with them on this. Why risk real injury on your good players on a tank year? I hope that's what this is.

Good shelve him until next year.
How is this good? He loses valuable experience and offseason to work on his craft. Nothing good. They are not shelving him. He has a torn knee.

Dude, honestly, this and X's injury just seem fishy.

It was like, 'Ok kid, you've proven you can single-handedly win us games with Fitzpatrick at QB. Pretend an injury. Oh, no, wait, go back in and shelf it. Ok, now, pretend an injury again. Ok, done for the year.'

I call bullshit on both injuries but I do agree with them on this. Why risk real injury on your good players on a tank year? I hope that's what this is.
Dude he has torn acl. Nothing fishy. I think this tank talk has really deluded fans that this year doesn’t matter in terms of player development. We will all just show up next year ready with tua for the Super Bowl

X. Yes. He probably could have come back but he has chronic knee issues so they are being very careful. But not with Preston Williams

Good job. No need to slam me for pointing out your hypocrisy, especially now PW is out for the year. But after seeing a litany of your angry and moronic tirades on this forum you’re definitely true to form on this one. You’re consistent I’ll give you that. And now you end your newest tirade by dropping a racial metaphor. You have definite anger issues dude. Good job on manning up though. You’re the only one. Now I’ll go back to shining shoes for a living, which is an honest days work, unlike a rodeo clown

Another dumb post, nothing racial about my post. Go watch the scene from Goodfellows then get back to me.

I see posters saying you can't coach a guy to have "good hands". I say nonsense. It usually depends on the specifics. There is a lot in catching a football that is technique.

Some players have a natural innate ability, others have to work at it.
I'm not saying it can't happen, either. All I'm saying is it's a deal-breaker. It needs to happen before we can count on him with certainty for the future.

I just saw the torn ACL is official. That sucks something awful. Another obstacle in his path.

I’m a little more nervous when the guys bigger and a lot of his game revolves around short area quickness. Getting in and out of cuts.

but it’s whatever and he’s done enough where he’s a part of the future either way I’d say to the staff.
Not a 2nd guess. I didn’t want kid returning punts.
In terms of assets - he was WR1. Plus he really wasn’t a dynamic returner. Didn’t make sense on any level imo.

Back
Top Bottom