Preston Williams | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Here’s the list of faux GMs who stupidly and prematurely discounted P Williams. I ask all of you when was the last time we had a WR catch two TDs in a game? Now some of the same people are worried about his knee. LOL. I gave you 24 hours to man up and take your dose of crow and so far no takers. Time to man up

Not sure why my comment is listed there it still makes perfect darn sense.

lets us all try not to get the banhammer over a WR we our developing

I’d suggest that he’s no longer a developmental WR. Before the injury he was on pace for nearly 1000 yds and +6 tds, even with a bunch of practice squad players at QB and Oline, and is without a doubt the best MD WR in decades. Numbers don’t lie. Other than that to some he’s “a bum” who’s out for the year. His injury is devastating to this already sorry offense, as he was the only consistent offensive playmaker on this team

5981AFC7-C5F2-4B55-ABCB-A74A2E45EA58.png

the only consistent off

we are still developing his talents so i will stand by my saying, that you two shouldnt be bickering over a player we ARE developing. And i like the kid but pump the brakes on the best WR in decades...this decade alone
Landry, Hartline, Wallace and Marshall all had 1000 yd + seasons for us if youre going by stats

That’s why I didn’t want him back there..target practice for opposition.

The real problem is Grant was removed from punt returns because of his awful decision making (which was on display again Sunday) and they had no real plan ‘b’ in place.

He was also coming back from injury so they tried to make other players punt returners in camp and pre season. It’s just a disappointment because it wasn’t really addressed- same reason Landry was returning punts imo.

we are still developing his talents so i will stand by my saying, that you two shouldnt be bickering over a player we ARE developing. And i like the kid but pump the brakes on the best WR in decades...this decade alone
Landry, Hartline, Wallace and Marshall all had 1000 yd + seasons for us if youre going by stats

I agree with you that he is still developing, but my take is that he is in elite company right now. I looked it up and what I found really surprised me. Here are some WRs he has comparable stats to:

Preston Williams, 32 catches, 428 yds, 3 tds

JuJu Smith Schuster 33 catches, 459 yds, 3 tds
Calvin Ridley, 33 catches, 443 yds, 4 tds
DeVante Adams, 32 catches, 419 yds, 0 tds
ODB, 39 catches, 575 yds, 1 td
Jarvis Landry, 36 catches, 555 yds, 1 td
DK Metcalf, 32 catches, 525 yds, 5 tds
DVP, 28 catches, 400 yds, 4 tds

There are a lot of big time, highly drafted players on that list and he's hanging. Numbers don't lie. He is certainly not "useless" "inept" or a "bum," as some would have you believe. He is really good right now and believe he was heading for an epic season and a spot on the All Rookie team. On targets alone (he has more than Amari Cooper) he was on pace for close to 1000 yds. IMHO he is better than anyone you mentioned, RIGHT NOW, and he is still "developing." Too bad we won't see him blow up this year. Big time talent and a player to build around.

Last edited:
The real problem is Grant was removed from punt returns because of his awful decision making (which was on display again Sunday) and they had no real plan ‘b’ in place.

He was also coming back from injury so they tried to make other players punt returners in camp and pre season. It’s just a disappointment because it wasn’t really addressed- same reason Landry was returning punts imo.
You'd think we would try Albert Wilson there

He did hurt his wrist going after a pass on the sideline but his ACL was returning a punt.

Well then I agree with the crowd that says that’s just dumb. Cause he’s not a punt returner. But of course jakeem grant can’t catch the damn thing and when he does catch kicks he fields the damn thing on tbe one yard line.

Well then I agree with the crowd that says that’s just dumb. Cause he’s not a punt returner. But of course jakeem grant can’t catch the damn thing and when he does catch kicks he fields the damn thing on tbe one yard line.
We signed a PR this wk

I never read anything about him having surgery to repair the ACL. Did the dolphins ever release a statement?

I never read anything about him having surgery to repair the ACL. Did the dolphins ever release a statement?

Interesting... I've been looking for some news about this and zero avail...

Not a peep from the team. No updates from Preston.

:shrug:

I believe they said at the time that it was not a complete tear and he didnt need surgery.

Hope this guy comes back the same. He's proven he's a big play threat.

He has his occasional drop where you slap your own forehead and go, wait a second, he just caught a bomb jumping over a defender and he drops a pass inbetween the numbers? WTF. But you gotta take the bad with the good and the good was a pretty freakin beautiful surprise.

We find a diamond in the rough only to lose him for the season. :bang: At this point, does it even surprise you anymore?

In spite of William's stellar play, if I'm Miami I'm hedging my bets and drafting one of these incredible WR prospects with at least one of the 2nd day picks. You just don't know if William's will come back 100%. I think they said he's going to miss all of the offseason and training camp. Baylor WR Denzel Mims fits the mold of a taller more physical WR, Miami has been signing since Flores has become coach. I'd take a swing on his enormous talent. He'd be incredible in Miami's offense, along side A rejuvenated DeVante Parker, Allen Hurns and a healthy Preston Williams.

Back
Top Bottom