Preston Williams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

I'm sticking to the VIP section.

I dare say even with a Superbowl win i would still expect at least 50% of our threads to carry a negative tone.

P.Williams is an UDFA that performed very well and got hurt to end his season.
P.Williams is coming of a knee injury.
P.Williams like everyone else didn't have an offseason program.

It's okay considering the truncated season, the guy coming of injury, and in a new offense.

Oh, did i mention it's only been TWO games and we've played TWO of the better secondaries in the entire NFL? Of which, our top reciever went out making it even more challening?

Onto the VIP section....These threads...YIKES!
If I could give this post 2 likes, I would.

Preston is a very good prospect. He’s got ridiculous size and he uses it well. It will be the second year after the ACL where I think he will be back to normal.

He does need to work on his inconsistent hands and some of his awkwardness like jumping at weird times or fighting the ball.

The receiver room has Devante, Preston and Ford who all bring value in different ways. But you’d like a couple of guys in the mix who can totally separate. Grant is fast but he’s so microscopic it’s like trying to hit a postage stamp throwing to him downfield. His hands aren’t very good either. He will always be limited in those two respects.

I have no personal gripe with Josh Allen because he’s the best QB out of his class. But for everyone slobbering all over his accuracy, bear in mind that he has explosive receivers who get tremendous separation. It’s not as hard to be accurate when you have those kinds of receivers running free.

Maybe Callaway can be a guy who puts it together because I think he can get separation for us and open up passing lanes. And he would complement Parker and Williams. But with him you’re hoping for a knucklehead to turn it around. It wouldn’t be the first time, though. Let’s be real, we are talking about football players. For the most part, this is hardly a convention of Mensa guys heading to a Boy Scout meeting after a glass of milk. Cris Carter is a guy who turned it around so anything is possible.

The difference between Miami and Buffalo is they have more electric players, or playmakers on both sides. If you take Diggs out instead of Jones, you almost assuredly have the opposite outcome.

People are tired of every player on this team not producing, and seeing constant excuses made for why a player is sucking:

“They didn’t have a preseason“
“They didn’t have an off-season “
“It’s year 2 of a 10 year rebuild“
“This is basically Preston’s rookie season“
“These are all new coaches”
“Miami played 2 playoff teams”
“The players are young”

Go take a nap.

lol took you 5 pages to come up with that? Nothing to argue my points.

This is after week 2. I echoed your sentiments for over a decade.

Finally got what I wanted in a complete demolition of what existed in Davie.

Sloppy football, lack in timing, cohesiveness are all because of no Preseason or a limited TC. Add rookies in crucial spots, turnover of personnel and all new coordinators....and you are excusing the pearl clutching after being beat by 2 playoff teams. All the while ignoring the growth on the offensive side of the ball.

These guys just put up 28 on a very good Bills defense, that I think ranks out top10 after week 6. Defense, meh. Didnt like the FA signings then, and still don't. But I was told we HAD to spend the money....all they bought was false hope. You do not build your team off the backs of FAs.

Last edited:
For all the hype, this guy plays exactly like an UDFA. Hes a 5th WR on most teams...on the Raiders, he's on PS. Yet he starts for the Fins. He's a joke. A very bad joke. The sooner the Dolohins move on from him the better they'll be.
Are you serious? Coming of injury and no preseason? Cmon man

For Christ’s sake he’s not even a year removed from an ACL injury that derailed a promising rookie season. All this impatience 2 weeks into a season where expectations STILL weren’t supposed to be high. Give me a break!

For all the hype, this guy plays exactly like an UDFA. Hes a 5th WR on most teams...on the Raiders, he's on PS. Yet he starts for the Fins. He's a joke. A very bad joke. The sooner the Dolohins move on from him the better they'll be.

The ignorance is deep with this one. Dood. The guy is coming off an ACL tear and is just getting back to health. You conveniently forget to mention what he did last year when he was healthy. In 8 games as an UFA he had 32 catches for nearly 500 yds. If he stays healthy he’s a 1000 yd receiver. Some posters are “very bad jokes.”

The ignorance is deep with this one. Dood. The guy is coming off an ACL tear and is just getting back to health. You conveniently forget to mention what he did last year when he was healthy. In 8 games as an UFA he had 32 catches for nearly 500 yds. If he stays healthy he’s a 1000 yd receiver. Some posters are “very bad jokes.”
He is also learning a new offensive system.

We won't see Preston Williams blossom until we see arm talent at QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick does the job of a QB very well, he simply lacks the one major pre-requisite. As a fan of the QB position, I never like Ryan Fitzpatrick, how could you? As a fan of the Miami Dolphins, I've come to really respect what's kept RF around the NFL for so long and allowed him to fill up that bank account. However, it is getting painful to watch him have to muster up the energy to rocket a pass into a tight window that so many QB's can make with just one step and an immediate release of the ball.

Things are going to change soon enough when the entire speed of the play is elevated by Tua's rhythm.

Much like I thought last year, the Dolphins will be vastly improved by season's end.

I didn't have the general excitement this year that typically preludes an NFL campaign and not so much because of Covid. It was obvious this team was going to take its lumps early. When this team traded away Laremy Tunsil last pre-season, it gave birth to an entire new plan of how to reconstruct this roster into a potential force in the NFL. Did we go crazy on spending this off-season? Yes. So it's understandable why so many additions would make people think we were ready to go full steam ahead with a playoff push but this is still an evaluation year. By seasons end we will have an idea which players will constitute our "core". Something we don't have at the moment, a true core.

I'd be more concerned if I was the Buffalo Bills or their fans. The media darling Bills were on the ropes all Sunday vs. Miami's JV squad. They should be concerned Ed Oliver is no match for Solomon Kindley. They should be concerned their defense kept bending against a hodge-podge Miami group still trying to learn each other's names. They should be concerned Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki will be catching passes from an ultra-accurate QB the next couple of years and not captain wind up (RF).

I'd be worried if I were the Jets and had absolutely no talent and a entire lame duck staff.

I'd be worried if my offense revolved around Cam Newton plowing into scrums 20 times a game.

What am I not the least bit concerned about? Preston Williams future contributions to the Miami Dolphins.

Pats opened up that pass offense vs Seattle. So yeah while they gonna run cam to contact you can see it’s looking less and less one dimensional. Helps that their top pick wr Harry a couple years ago is making some plays

He is also learning a new offensive system.

Thank you. I would bet anyone that if we wanted to trade him many posters would be surprised at what we could get for him. He has Brandon Marshall potential with Tua at QB. His stupid post won’t age well. At all

Back
Top Bottom