Preston Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Yep! Because every up and coming star ends their season, every year, since being in the league, with freak serious season-Enders.

Nope! Won’t have any bearings on future contracts etc.
I think @circumstances meant that PW isn’t doing this to himself. Can you train harder to not tear a ligament, or break a bone? Clearly the guy doesn’t want to be injured

After we draft J.Chase and one of E.Moore/K.Toney/R.Bateman (or trade back up for D.Smith) in the 1st we can trade D.Parker and A.Wilson to Detroit for a 2nd rounder as their receiver room is bare!

I think @circumstances meant that PW isn’t doing this to himself. Can you train harder to not tear a ligament, or break a bone? Clearly the guy doesn’t want to be injured
While I agree that Williams obviously isn’t going into a season expecting to be injured. As Bill Parcells once stated, “ the most important ability is availability”. Some players for whatever reason just don’t seem to be able to stay on the field because they are constantly injured.

Hopefully Williams can overcome his injury past and contribute next season but as an UDFA, he needs to
be available if he expects to be a Dolphin after the 2021 season.

Just stay healthy. That'll be the first step in the direction of contributing to and staying on this team.

While I agree that Williams obviously isn’t going into a season expecting to be injured. As Bill Parcells once stated, “ the most important ability is availability”. Some players for whatever reason just don’t seem to be able to stay on the field because they are constantly injured.

Hopefully Williams can overcome his injury past and contribute next season but as an UDFA, he needs to
be available if he expects to be a Dolphin after the 2021 season.
oh yeah I agree, was just pointing out where one poster was saying something and I feel like it was twisted around just helping circumstances clear up the circumstances lol

After we draft J.Chase and one of E.Moore/K.Toney/R.Bateman (or trade back up for D.Smith) in the 1st we can trade D.Parker and A.Wilson to Detroit for a 2nd rounder as their receiver room is bare!
No thanks. I'd keep Parker here, no need taking away talent from a group that needs more of it.

6 to 8 games before he’s on IR.
So I am thinking we should sit Williams for the first half of the year and then, when Parker goes down with an injury, let him play the second half. I think these two are like a captain planet duo. With their skills combined, they can play a full season!!

Just looking at history.

Preston, Parker and Fuller will all be injured by week 10.

Hope history doesn't repeat itself.

No thanks. I'd keep Parker here, no need taking away talent from a group that needs more of it.
He's injured a lot, paid decent and we're starting to overhaul the receiver room. One of the few guys that may have value on the trade market. I would look into it at the very least and Detroit makes a lot of sense especially if they do not go receiver in the 1st.

We’re all assuming we’re going to draft at least 1 or 2 high level WRs in this draft... which is likely but is not fact yet. Without the new WR in play, I’d expect a 45 catch/600yd season from him... with new WR, I will expect less.

I think he’s had a bumpy career so far but showed flashes. It would be smart to limit his reps this upcoming year, especially with Fuller, Wilson, and assumed offensive player(s) coming in.

All things considered, I think he’ll carve out his role as a #4/#5 WR but will get a *decent* amount of reps as Parker/Wilson/Fuller are all injury prone themselves. I am not placing a lot of stock in Wilson, so anything we get out of him will be a plus.

And considering we’re probably be drafting an offensive weapon near the top of the draft... I just think he’ll need to get healthy, consistent, and concentrate on his catching when he does see field team. It will be up to him to get his focus straight but best case scenario he’s #3 (behind a healthy DVP/Fuller) and worst case new rookie and Wilson/Bowden see snaps ahead of him and he’s buried due injuries/performance/consistency.

I’d be surprised if he put up more then 500 yards this season all things considered.

What to expect from him this year?

A little OT, but It's reasonable to expect, say, Pitts, Smith, or Chase, another WR in R1 or R2, Fuller, DVP, Williams, Gesicki, Wilson, Bowden, (Hoping Grant is gone.) That's not a bad group and wouldn't surprise me one of them is odd man out.

Which brings me back to topic. Will Williams be on the roster? I have no idea, but he'll have good competition. If he DOES stick, I expect him and DVP to be more productive with the faster/quicker receivers drawing the D's best CBs.

Back
Top Bottom