Preston Williams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Hopefully we draft a WR high and another in the mid rounds. Parker, Fuller, Chase/Smith, Wilson, and another rook + Bowden. Can't depend on a guy who is never healthy and can't catch when he is.

I think @circumstances meant that PW isn’t doing this to himself. Can you train harder to not tear a ligament, or break a bone? Clearly the guy doesn’t want to be injured

"Clearly" we have no idea what he and Parker are doing to stay healthy for the duration of a season. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that they aren't doing all that they can to take care of their bodies. Beyond the physical training, I'm referring to the nutritional part(What are they eating? What are they not eating?), I'm referrring to the restorative part etc?

Ultimately, if they are doing all that they can and still can't make it through a season healthy then what good are they to the Dolphins?

Last edited:
There's too much conflation of his injuries with his performance by the posters of this board, on average.

PDub started a little slow last year recovering from an ACL, but it didn't take him long to start getting open and making plays and he is a HANDFULL for opposing DBs to take on. He's a tough cover, period, because he has good instincts in using his body to 'box out' DBs, high-point the ball or at least get up so DBs struggle to knock down the pass. The dude is just savvy beyond his years of experience and he has the physical gifts of a mid- 1st round pick, or better. I think he's already as able, from a skill standpoint, as a Golladay. He plays a big receiver's game but he's not slow.

His injuries had nothing to do with how he plays, or weak hamstrings, and there's nothing he could've done from a preparation or training standpoint, to have avoided the 2 injuries he had. I strongly feel he's going to go through a long period of good health and blow some peoples' minds, because he's still ascending, skill-wise, as he gets more experience. I also think this will include run-blocking. I think he will be a beast of a blocker from the WR position so stretch plays or jet sweeps and stuff may succeed better with him blocking than a smaller guy on that edge.

If I told you you could have a guy like Oronde Gadsden with 20% more speed....

"Clearly" we have no idea what he and Parker are doing to stay healthy for the duration of a season. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that they aren't doing all that they can to take care of their bodies. Beyond the physical training, I'm referring to the nutritional part(What are they eating? What are they not eating?), I'm referrring to the restorative part etc?

Ultimately, if they are doing all that they can and still can't make it through a season healthy then what good are they to the Dolphins?
Tom Brady once tore his acl, was he not taking care of his body properly?

I totally get what you’re saying but these are freak injuries man, in my opinion

not sure how you can train or prepare for injuries like that, or a broken bone, maybe he needed more milk growing up

I totally get what you’re saying but these are freak injuries man, in my opinion

not sure how you can train or prepare for injuries like that, or a broken bone, maybe he needed more milk growing up
55u3gs.gif

Milk doesn't really help your bones.

A myth.

Carry on, though!

Calcium does and milk has plenty of that

Myth 1: Milk builds strong bones.

The dairy and bone health link is one of the most pervasive milk myths. One large-scale Harvard studyfollowed 72,000 women for two decades and found no evidence that drinking milk can prevent bone fractures or osteoporosis. Another study of more than 96,000 people found that the more milk men consumed as teenagers, the more bone fractures they experience as adults. Similarly, another studyfound that adolescent girls who consumed the most calcium, mostly in the form of dairy products, were at greater risk for stress fractures than those consuming less calcium.

Wow! You want to use Tom Brady as an example of someone that doesn't do everything in his power to prepare his body to play a full season for MULTIPLE years?

Tom Brady's prep EQUAL to Preston WIlliams prep?

YIKES!

Back
Top Bottom