Pretty good mock draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretty good mock draft

Den54 said:
Hey Nappy are you a Dwight Howard fan?
I ran into him in a shoe store last summer.

yea i met him before the draft. i live in bradenton where we have the IMG academy, alot of athletes train there during the offseason/predraft. ive watched alot of basketball players play and train.

i used to be able to watch a lot of the college football players workout and train for the draft. they trained on my schools football field, but last year they started training at IMGs fields, so i cant anymore.

Nappy Roots said:
yea i met him before the draft. i live in bradenton where we have the IMG academy, alot of athletes train there during the offseason/predraft. ive watched alot of basketball players play and train.

i used to be able to watch a lot of the college players workout and train for the draft. they trained on my schools football field, but last year they started training at IMGs fields, so i cant anymore.

Magic fan?

I want to see us take Manny Lawson or Gabe Watson in the 2nd, and then try to get Degory from UF in the 3rd or 4th.

Amars said:

doubtful predictions...

Ferguson and Scott won't last that long. Ferguson should be a top 10 pick
Justice will not be picked ahead of Scott or Winston
Greenway is a top 10-15 pick (actually, I would love for the Fins to get him)

...But, based on this mock draft, there is still hope for someone like Cutler to be available at 16.

...So, the question is...will the Fins definitely go QB with # 1 when it will be at best 1-2 years before he becomes the starter, or go with less of a risk with someone like Bing, Greenway, or one of the OL's predicted to go after # 16 ? (all three positions big needs)

...Will make for lots of interesting discussions over the next several weeks.

I dont know how anyone can assume that Cutler will be available to us at 16. This is a very starved NFL for QB's and if the kid shows something in the combines/Senior bowl, its all over. Alot of teams with new HC jobs with crappy teams will look to build around a QB.

The only way Cutler will be available is if he does not show very well in the coming weeks. If that happens, Saban will not draft him until the second round. At least.

I seem to remember a few years ago every early mock draft saying we will be taking Philip Rivers with our first round pick which was around 19 I believe. It is way to early to start looking at mocks bc so much will change in the next several months.

I cant see us not taking a LB on the first day. We can hang at both safety positions for a year, but if we run Seau out on the field for another season, parts are gonna start to fall off.

NewCoachPlease said:
I seem to remember a few years ago every early mock draft saying we will be taking Philip Rivers with our first round pick which was around 19 I believe. It is way to early to start looking at mocks bc so much will change in the next several months.

Well that was until we made that completely stupid Feeley trade. Argg.. that bothers me so much. We'd probably have had Fiedler bomb, then Sage come in and struggle or do a mediocre job in 04, but end up with a very high 2nd round pick.

As for the LB thing, that's unless we get Julian Peterson or Lavar Arrington, but yes we need do need a LB.

Nappy Roots said:
Eslinger? esshhhhhhhhh! specially in the 2nd. thats a need pick and a reach. Saban wouldnt make that pick.

this mock has alot of holes, pretty average. not very good at all.
Eslinger is the most athletic center to come out of college since Kevin Mawae.

IMO, it is a good mock in that it covers three major needs and is all three players are value where they are selected. I would possibly go for Greenway in round 1 though as also a need and a better value.
Another way I would consider based on the rankings in that mock draft would be to draft LaRon Landry in the 1st and Brodie Croyle in the 3rd.

Eslinger was the best player on the best line in the US. 3 different Gopher RBs were the Big 10 players of the week this year. 3 consecutive seasons with multiple 1,000 yard rushers. Maroney's good, but Eslinger is what made that team go. Don't sleep on him, he's the best C in the draft, and the best one in several years.

Sure, C is not a highly drafted position, but I've seen a lot of places put him higher in the second, and I'd be pleased with the selection. He'd be value and quality at a need.

Centers dont usually translate well into the NFL. its a position people havent really been able to figure out well so far. i would rather draft a center late in the draft. works for most teams, even us. Hadnot.

AJ nicholson is supposed to drop a lot due to his sex assault charges from rd 2 to maybe day 2. so expect us to go for him maybe and/or trade RW for a 2nd as reported and pick up a lawsom or carpenter.

Back
Top Bottom