Price to tag CC or Ogun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Price to tag CC or Ogun

*_*ADMIRAL*_*

Thanks for the memories Pat
Reaction score
You look on the website and you see people saying they want to see O-gun sit the 10 games and then tag him next year and then sign him to a really big deal...BUT we would have to lose CC and we cant afford to do that...CC just has too much potential to let go...so my question is to everyone....tag O-gun or tag CC...and how much would it cost to tag them...

I don't know the difference in price, but i know how i would answer that question. Tag chambers.

It wouldn't make sense to franchise EITHER of them. The franchise tag for WRs is $7.2mill, it would be cheaper to just sign Chambers long term. The tag for DE's is $6.5mill. Again, that is too much.

yeah its too expensive but if we dont get him signed to a long term deal soon then next year and Free Agency he will be probably be gone to someone with the big bucks so franshising him will keep him here

no franchise tags

Franchise tags are too expensive, resigning him now should be their priority. Wally's on the backburner behind him because well, we'll have most of our defense around at least a couple of more years. If he won't resign though the tag could be cheaper than trying to compete with offers to him from other teams if he were a ufa. He's the only guy I could see even potentially using the tag on.

Resigning him is going to depend on whether he really wants to stay a dolphin and make a pretty decent salary or hold out and try to get top dollar from the highest bidder.

My 2 cents. Just seems that since our D has so much more talent than our offense, we should retain what talent we have there (offense). Losing an effective DE would be far less costly than losing an effective WR in our case IMO.

Clumpy???

"Bills and Kerry in '04" ?????

I understand your passion about the Bills, but Kerry???? He'd be a disaster.

I don't think either player is worth the tagged amount. 7.2 million for Chambers sounds a little high, but if I had to choose between keeping one of the two, I would keep Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom