Prisco finally makes some sense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco finally makes some sense

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6715986

Me and my friends were at the game today talking about this exact situation. Great teams seem to try to kill a inferior team while we toy with them and try to win at the very end of the game. It comes and kills us in December when we try that routine. Also, we talked about how predictable we are, especially after a long first down or any first down, we always give the ball to Ricky. Funny this came out, I feel like Prisco was in our convo.

This year, it's just the offense. Our defense seems to have that killer instinct now. So that's a plus. But the offense has become woefully inept to this point. :(

Fiedler missed some WIDE open WR's on more than 3 different occassions. He needs to get that fixed, and in a hurry or we won't win those close games.

and last week

everyone was riding Norv's jockstrap for his playcalling. Petey is just eating crow because he picked against us AGAIN and we covered the spread.

There is no secret that our offense has to get better or we wont get far down the stretch. Alot can happen over the span of the season.

re-watching this game. fiedler just does not have time to do anything! fiedler will never be a great QB, but given time he can be affective. need to get the O-line problems fixed and this O will be O.K.

Nice job phinfan34. That article by prisco sums it up well. Every Miami fan who reads it has to agree with it. Mostly. I'm not sure if I agree about the predicable aspect of it. But when Madison said he knows that every game is coming down to the 4th qtr, that made me nervious. You can't do that every week. Because like we all know, Jay is going to throw the pick or someome on the defense is going to get burned. I've seen it all too much over the years. We need to be more comfortable going into the 4th qtr. And we need to be able to go deep. Which Fiedler can't do..

Originally posted by phinfan34
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6715986

Me and my friends were at the game today talking about this exact situation. Great teams seem to try to kill a inferior team while we toy with them and try to win at the very end of the game. It comes and kills us in December when we try that routine. Also, we talked about how predictable we are, especially after a long first down or any first down, we always give the ball to Ricky. Funny this came out, I feel like Prisco was in our convo.

Great teams have lost to vastly inferior teams many times before.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
re-watching this game. fiedler just does not have time to do anything! fiedler will never be a great QB, but given time he can be affective. need to get the O-line problems fixed and this O will be O.K.

Agreed there.

A good OL can turn an avg. QB into a good one if he has extra time to make reads and better decisions. Jay definitely needs all the time he can get to make proper decisions and good throws!
Neither the OL or Jay are doing well right now. I'm sure the coaches will be pressing hard to find solutions this week especially after watching tape of the O in this game.

Originally posted by BATMAN
Nice job phinfan34. That article by prisco sums it up well. Every Miami fan who reads it has to agree with it. Mostly. I'm not sure if I agree about the predicable aspect of it. But when Madison said he knows that every game is coming down to the 4th qtr, that made me nervious. You can't do that every week. Because like we all know, Jay is going to throw the pick or someome on the defense is going to get burned. I've seen it all too much over the years. We need to be more comfortable going into the 4th qtr. And we need to be able to go deep. Which Fiedler can't do..

Good thing that you are objective about Fiedler. I really thought that he hit a 30 yarder. I must be hallucinating...hmmm.

What I want is consistency out of the ENTIRE offense. the o line needs to block. the receivers need to catch. and Jay needs to be more consistent. But Jay is a tough mother. I would have that anyday over someone that is called out for his lack of heart by his own teammates.

Some people will complain if we win the superbowl about how it wasn't a blowout.

Road record in 2003: 3 and 0!!!

Right, ONE thirty yarder. Great pass from Jay and Great catch.
But that's it. If he had hit wide open receivers the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. And if it wasn't for the defense coming up with all those turnovers, we probably would have lost.

Originally posted by BATMAN
Right, ONE thirty yarder. Great pass from Jay and Great catch.
But that's it. If he had hit wide open receivers the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. And if it wasn't for the defense coming up with all those turnovers, we probably would have lost.

I have never had to make excuses for why our defense had turnovers...this is a strange position for me...hmmm.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom