Prisco’s Post-Draft Power Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco’s Post-Draft Power Rankings

Miami killed the draft.

Even standarized growth for our 2 year players means big jumps in quite a bit of important positions.

I expect playoffs

I think we all expect playoffs. That's the minimum bar at this point and the expectation is playoffs and a 1st round win. Anything beyond that is magic.

The last time anyone saw Tua, he was getting shellacked with the playoffs on the line. I think that is stuck in a lot of people’s heads.
Good take.

I can see the optics there.

We all know the reality is that we had a Rookie QB who had no offseason that was pushing for a playoff run with depleted weapons and was coming off an injury.

Run on sentence...

Anyways. I like that this might be the lense many see this team through currently. Always better to surprise then let down.

I think SF is the 3rd best team in the division. I like the Rams with that D, much better QB in Stafford and plenty of weapons. I would pick Seattle 2nd, SF has talent but Jimmy G sucks and their new QB may get thrown in early and obviously struggle some. I mean that may be the toughest division in football.

There's a good handful of teams in the top ten that make no sense.

Bellicheat is a career under .500 coach without Brady. 1 playoff appearance in 7 years without Brady

" the Patriot way " or media hype around the Patriots is simply exactly that, hype.

The reality is bellicheat is a good defensive mind who's most likely autistic. He got the golden ticket in the 6th round and the rest is history. If it weren't for mo Lewis, he would've been fired
I'm definitely leaning towards Brady being the main reason for New England's dynasty, especially after he took Tampa Bay to a championship. I don't think too many people saw that coming.

I believe Bellicheck is 60-71, or something close to that, without Brady. That certainly isn't impressive.

Still, I can't dismiss Bellicheck just yet. If he coaches for five more years and never comes close to duplicating his success with Brady, that's another thing.

I think SF is the 3rd best team in the division. I like the Rams with that D, much better QB in Stafford and plenty of weapons. I would pick Seattle 2nd, SF has talent but Jimmy G sucks and their new QB may get thrown in early and obviously struggle some. I mean that may be the toughest division in football.
I agree. Maybe even fourth best with Arizona on the move.

Jimmy G is definitely the fourth best quarterback in that division. I do think Shanahan is a good coach, though.

Yes, the logo is the same.
What is really different from their Super Bowl season:

...and this year's version:

Sounds about right but....

SF 6th? First place in the division? Aside from the obvious fact that I don’t want it to happen, I couldn’t possibly see that. Nothing has changed that drastically for their season outlook.

That’s a ranking I’d consider if they had acquired Rodgers.

Yeah, far too many place too much stock on what happened a year or two ago. Every year is a new year and things change very rapidly in the NFL.
We see worst to first all the time. Conversely teams the pundits are convinced will be good for years often come crashing down quickly.

That said, I do expect SF to be better than they were last season contingent on better health. They were absolutely derailed by injuries in 2020.

Still, the competition in their division has improved across the board. Which means they could return to form but not be as good or as dominant as they were in 2019.

Assuming Jimmy G can't stay healthy, I don't see their rookie QB keeping them in contention. Even with Jimmy G healthy and playing well, I like the Rams chances better. If SEA improves their defense, they could be better than SF too. Who knows whether AZ will finally make the jump many have expected.

In short, SF could be really good again, but edged out by other really good teams.

Rodgers would certainly change everything if he ended up there. I sure hope he doesn't.

He was terrible last year. But in all fairness, Brady looked done his last year in NE. Obviously, that wasn't the case. The Patriots added a lot in the passing go, so maybe they are better.

Cam is that QB I expect not to have success, but won't be shocked if he's able to dig deep and have a decent season.

The 49ers went to the SB two years ago with Jimmy G as their QB. His problem has been staying on the field because of multiple injuries. Last year the defense of the 49ers was decimated with injuries and that is the reason they had the record they did. If Jimmy G can stay healthy, I think they will win the
NFC West. I think the Rams will be better with Stafford but with the 49ers getting Bosa and the rest of their injured player back on defense, I think they are the better overall team.

Of course that is why they play the games. So we will see after the season how things worked out for the 49ers and the Dolphins.

Pete Prisco? Good for his family. Most people with no brain activity would have had the plug pulled over a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom