Private workouts/Drafting a QB on Saban's mind ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Private workouts/Drafting a QB on Saban's mind ?

Will we draft a QB ?

• One of the top two with our first pick

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • A second tier QB on the first day.

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • In the lower rounds

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
silverloop13 said:
I think if Lefors is around in the 4th or even 5th round we will take him. He knows Linehans offense and I think he can be a great backup at least for us.

Lefors is a late round to undrafted free agent type. He's too small and will never be anything more than a third string quarterback in the NFL.

i know there is an Adrian McPherson thread everyday so i hate to bring it up, but has saban showed interest in him, and is that a logical pick for us in the 3rd or 4th if we go running back in the first?

Tampa Bay?? Why would they be looking at more QB's?

Haven't they been drafting one almost every year?

KB21 said:
Nick is certainly covering his bases, and he's sending out all sorts of signals that he may not think AJ is the guy to lead this team into the future.

So far, Miami has shown a great deal of interest in Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, and David Greene......probably the top five quarterbacks in the draft.

Miami has also shown a lot of interest in Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, and Ciatrick Fason.....probably the top four runners in the draft.

Miami has shown interest in both Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams while showing some interest in other receivers like Reggie Brown, Matt Jones, and Fred Gibson.

He is certainly doing his due diligence in this process, making damn sure he has the right guy.

The trade down theory is certainly one that will be explored. Running backs tend to drop some on draft day, and Nick can likely trade down to the 7th or 8th pick while still getting one of the Auburn runners, or possibly even Cedric Benson. I believe Minnesota, Arizona, and San Diego will be calling Miami with interest in that pick.

The signals that I see is that he will try to trade down.But you are right.He has everyone guessing and that can only be a good thing.

We have to draft a QB.We have three backup QBs right now.Feeley will never be anything else.Now is our chance.Draft Smith.

KB21 said:
Nick is certainly covering his bases, and he's sending out all sorts of signals that he may not think AJ is the guy to lead this team into the future.

So far, Miami has shown a great deal of interest in Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, and David Greene......probably the top five quarterbacks in the draft.

Miami has also shown a lot of interest in Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, and Ciatrick Fason.....probably the top four runners in the draft.

Miami has shown interest in both Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams while showing some interest in other receivers like Reggie Brown, Matt Jones, and Fred Gibson.

He is certainly doing his due diligence in this process, making damn sure he has the right guy.

The trade down theory is certainly one that will be explored. Running backs tend to drop some on draft day, and Nick can likely trade down to the 7th or 8th pick while still getting one of the Auburn runners, or possibly even Cedric Benson. I believe Minnesota, Arizona, and San Diego will be calling Miami with interest in that pick.

I don't recall any reports of Saban showing interest in Benson. Benson has been mentioned as a possibility forever b/c all the mocks had us drafting him, but I don't actually recall any rumors or stories about Miami showing interest. I assume we'll have him in for a workout (are we?), but have there been any other reports of the team showing interest?

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
We have to draft a QB.We have three backup QBs right now.Feeley will never be anything else.Now is our chance.Draft Smith.

To be fair we dont know about Feeley yet but I agree we need to draft a QB with our top pick if we cant trade down.

I think we will take a QB in the 4th or 5th round, he will compete with Sage for the #3 spot.

Roman529 said:
I think we will take a QB in the 4th or 5th round, he will compete with Sage for the #3 spot.

That's what we need, another backup.

I think there is a good chance of us taking Smith/Rodgers OR Campbell/Frye. All four are fine prospects.

rafael said:
That's what we need, another backup.

:lol: Yeah, and with our 4th round pick. The second pick of the second day.

If we dont get a 2nd rounder for Surtain that could affect what Saban does with the first pick. If we dont have a 2nd round we cant get Frye or Campbell so maybe Saban will take a QB first. But if we do have a legit shot at one of the top 2nd tier guys then perhaps Saban will opt to take a RB first and get one of the QBs in the 2nd. I could be wrong about this, but if Saban really likes Frye or Campbell he might be more willing to take a RB with the first pick, just something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom