Pro and Con list of Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro and Con list of Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa

They

They ate still in their infancy, but Tua is crawling and Herbert is already walking.
That will happen initially when one guy is bigger, stronger, faster. I've said it before, it isn't impossible for Tua to overcome the physical limitations, but they are drawbacks. We were told Tua had elite pre/post snap read ability. No idea at this point if it is true. If it is, he may beat the odds. If it isn't, we will move on.

I think Tua has already set his floor to average actually... Ceiling? Who the **** knows? No one will ever convince me he was set up to succeed in the NFL at this point. Herbert is also getting screwed really when you think about it, sure they're making him throw more than everyone but the goat and at least give him great total stats but he isnt good enough to make it a winning proposition yet. The narrative is completely different on those 2 but ultimately, neither were put in position to really win alot of games.

Not sure a guy who has nearly 10,000 yds, and close to 100 QBR for his first two years in the league needs any excuses.

It's a team game, but it isn't even arguable that statistically Herbert has performed better, and by a wide margin.

Having said that, their careers are in their infancy, barring serious injury. The book is not written yet.

Well said!

I think Tua has already set his floor to average actually... Ceiling? Who the **** knows? No one will ever convince me he was set up to succeed in the NFL at this point. Herbert is also getting screwed really when you think about it, sure they're making him throw more than everyone but the goat and at least give him great total stats but he isnt good enough to make it a winning proposition yet. The narrative is completely different on those 2 but ultimately, neither were put in position to really win alot of games.
That's about how I see it. I'd argue his floor is actually above average, but what is and isn't average, what stats matter, etc. is subjective. I expect that at worst, Tua will end up as one of those guys that just wins. He'll be seen much like the Bob Griese, Joe Montana, Tom Brady were/are in that their success was often seen as a product of those around them rather than their talent. But those guys, and Tua are/were the types that did all the little things right. They rarely beat themselves and they generally put the team in position to win. That's a talent that many of the uber-athletic, but usually less successful (in terms of wins/SB/team success) guys often lack. But most fans have trouble seeing that talent. Brady and Montana were arguably the most successful QBs ever, but many, to this day, don't see them as the greatest QBs. The same with Griese here. Obviously, the team success under Tua has to happen for that debate to even begin. And reality is that even when you do everything right there's an element of luck (injuries/bounces, etc.). But IMO Tua has the traits for that to occur and the team around him seems to be doing much of the right things for success to come.

Back
Top Bottom