Pro-bowl ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro-bowl ?

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Dolphins with a legitimate shot at making the Pro Bowl:
Sam Madison--still one of the elite CBs in the league, plus he has the name recognition/reputation
Zach Thomas--his best bet is as the back-up MLB (unless Ray Lewis gets injured)
Jason Taylor--he has already been there once, and I thought he had a better 2001 than his Pro Bowl 2000 season
Ricky Williams--with reasonable health in our OL (as the thread states), he should put up decent enough numbers to be one of the 3 AFC RBs

Dolphins with an outside shot at making the Pro Bowl:
Chris Chambers--it's a long way from a promising & productive 2nd half of a rookie season to the Pro Bowl...he has the skills, but he'll need the chances and the ability to beat double-teams on a consistent basis
Rob Konrad--he could put up good numbers for a FB in Turner's offense, and FBs with rushing/receiving yardage usually win the Pro Bowl slots over the true blocking FBs (see: Mike Alstott)
Patrick Surtain--actually plays better and more consistent than Madison but without the reputation and name recognition (I know some of us have discussed this point in here, no need to re-visit the debate)...unlikely both CBs make the Pro Bowl, thus hurting Surtain's chances

Dolphins with the slimmest of chances of making the Pro Bowl:
Daryl Gardener--he can play at a Pro Bowl level (in fact, he often does), but he must stay healthy...also, he will be playing DE without getting many sacks, and Pro Bowl voters usually go for sack totals with DEs
Tim Bowens--needs to return to 1999/2000 form...a healthy Chester/Gardener combo playing on either side of him might make this possible
Jay Fiedler--if he plays the entire year like he did the last half of last year, he could be an alternate...also, the Dolphins would have to be the top team in the AFC going into the playoffs, thus earning JF the "leadership" votes
Mark Dixon--often mentioned as "the Dolphins best lineman" and so recognized by much of the press...needs to stay healthy the entire season...could be helped by the attention that a monster year from Ricky Williams might bring
:eat:

Welcome aboard.....
Good post but, what about Todd Wade?
Brock Marion?
Morlon Greenwood?(if he plays the whole year like he did towards the end of last season)
Arturo Freeman might blossum this year. He's a big hitter, who is going to get in on alot of tackles with the change in defense ie; bringing an 8th man in the box.
I mean, we are talking outside shots here, right?

Pro-bowl representation has a lot to do with team record. Make the playoffs, and you'll be well represented, say five to seven, maybe even eight. Next year's #1 draft choice owner may not be represented at all. This is not a fool proof formula, but always seems to work out that way for Buffalo. If you're an incumbent probowler, that seems to count for quite a bit. There have been times that Buffalo fans wondered if Reuben Brown really deserved it, but he's been there and has some name recognition, so he got the votes. We'll have to see if we can give you guys a run for your money this year.

Originally posted by TigerJ
Pro-bowl representation has a lot to do with team record. Make the playoffs, and you'll be well represented, say five to seven, maybe even eight.

Then why did Carolina get 2 starters , which is a higher amount of starters than we had ?

I don't believe in the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest. All-Pro is where it's at.

Also, I disagree with Crazydolfan's point about Surtain being better and more consistent that Madison. I know you said there's no reason to re-visit the debate. But you never said "IMO". Just threw it out there like it was a fact. So you've got to leave it open to debate. ;)

Anyway, I agree that Surtain gets left in the weeds at times as far as the national media goes. However, I feel that Madison is unquestionably the better and more consistent player. And he has the reputation and name recognition for that reason.

I agree about the pro bowl, it really is a popularity contest. I remember a few months ago i got into a debate/argument with a guy on the Dolfantalk board because he said players took the pro-bowl votingvery seriously, because it was an honor and a sign of respect. I said it was a popularity contest and players just ticked off players they recognized and have heard as probowlers before, without giving much thought to it. Well, the other poster didn't like that one bit and ripped into me saying he had coached a few NFLers in high school and that i didn't know what i was talking about.

Good to see somebody sees it my way as well!

Originally posted by Dolfan984
He's gunna play Norv's game.
I guess you guys don't know Norv game? He loves to run, run and run some more.

And running opens up the passing game. Are you trying to say that a QB can't make the probowl in Norv's system? I can list off a few names that will prove that to be wrong.

What does hackett like to do, other than call 5yd patterns on the 20 yd line on the last play of the game?

Jets Rule....you say Vinny is better than Jay, but why does Jay beat Vinny in almost all statistical categories? You say you have a better RB, Oline, TE, and equal WRs, so then for the life of me, tell us all why Vinny's #s sucked and Jay's were good.

If Vinny Had more weapons and better protection, why are his number abysmal?

Back
Top Bottom